Patting A Bull Shark

John

Even though the shark would have been exhausted after the long fight I would be standing on the beach and cutting the line and waving it goodbye. Then again, I have never deliberately caught a shark and never accidentally one close to that big, so maybe with more experience comes more confidence. Still NO!

56 minutes ago, John said:

Who would be game enough to pat this fella after just reeling him in?

30E84C57-E9E5-463A-B2BC-4583335956B4.jpeg

Would you be game to give this 'monster' bull shark a pat? 😲🦈

This three-metre beauty was recently reeled in off Fraser Island and was calm enough for the fisherman to give him a cuddle before setting him free.
🎥 Brett from Coastal Chaos Adventures

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGq1flUFJQ1/?igshid=d6jq3lqgc90n

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGrXnshldJA/?igshid=1bu4q1zciy62v

How good is that!

7 hours ago, Junky said:

That's a lot of fish. 

I though sharks had to be moving to breath. 

Obviously not. 

That was my understanding too Junky. I think it must have been close to death to just sit in one place. I’m sure they have to keep moving to get oxygen through their gills. Apart from all that, he’s a bloody idiot.

Grey Nurse sharks can also do that, they just sit on the bottom in a current which flows through their gills and get their oxygen that way, and it can also get oxygen  by opening and closing it's mouth. As for that bull shark it may have been too exhausted from fighting to show any interest in that person, personally I would still stay behind the shark not that I have any desire to pat or hug a shark but would go up to it to remove the hook if I caught one.

I reckon your keen swimming in more than waist to chest deep water at fraser. Some of the monsters guys like this bloke and team madmullet haul out of those waters scare the bejesus out of me. 

Kurt from team madmullet swims them back out after catching them at night in about chest deep water! He leaves me thinking bloody hell mate!