ellicat

• ellicat changed the title to Leo is on Fire
17 hours ago, ellicat said:

Went for a session at the rock wall tonight with @Leosonfire. I got done by a bristle worm right at the end of the night. Wiped my hands on my shirt and the little spines went into my tender belly. Bugger.

Anyway, there is more to the tale, but I'll leave that for Leo...

Hi Brian

That is a shame, a Bristle Worm just sounds nasty!

The suspense is seriously killing me. Now I know how it felt when you were waiting for the 'Seriously... C'mon Mr Snapper' report 😉 

Cheers Hamish

20 minutes ago, Kat said:

Well done guys. Congratulations @LeosonfireAbout time you found a night spot Brian.  Now you just need to make sure it's you that hooks up next time.  Were you using bait or lures?

Cheers Kat

Onya Kat I told Brian he is next! 

now Kat through my many hours scrolling and chatting to snapper fishos gathering intel I had a chat to this dude on the Goldie 

...it took me years to land a big Snapper . And finally got one 3wks ago down gold coast seaway landbased . 

now that’s a snapper you should And could be chasing! 

09B858F1-20E5-4A8B-8961-901A6250D305.png

2 minutes ago, Leosonfire said:

Onya Kat I told Brian he is next! 

now Kat through my many hours scrolling and chatting to snapper fishos gathering intel I had a chat to this dude on the Goldie 

...it took me years to land a big Snapper . And finally got one 3wks ago down gold coast seaway landbased . 

now that’s a snapper you should And could be chasing! 

09B858F1-20E5-4A8B-8961-901A6250D305.png

You read my mind.  Don and I may be fishing the seaway on Friday so after seeing your catch I thought I would google gold coast snapper - found a fabulous article on fishing the seaway.  Sooo you never know!

20 hours ago, ellicat said:

Went for a session at the rock wall tonight with @Leosonfire. I got done by a bristle worm right at the end of the night. Wiped my hands on my shirt and the little spines went into my tender belly. Bugger.

Anyway, there is more to the tale, but I'll leave that for Leo...

Bristle worm ? Have not come across one of them yet. Are they as bad as happy moments ? Who ever named them happy moments needs their head read .

5 hours ago, Leosonfire said:

That was using 20pound mono 40pound leader. 7ft carbon with a 4000. I suspect you’ll need a little longer if fishing the rocks 

Have you tried using a lighter leader Leo? Depending on whether you are casting right in amongst the rocks or just beside the structure, I would try 12-20lb and just see if it increases the number of bites. Obviously it worked this time though .... 🙂 

19 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Have you tried using a lighter leader Leo? Depending on whether you are casting right in amongst the rocks or just beside the structure, I would try 12-20lb and just see if it increases the number of bites. Obviously it worked this time though .... 🙂 

Yeh I’ll test it out with 20 just the sharks I seem to attract worry me, hate loosing flashers #snappacsndi