Coral Trout Love Tuff Prawns

tugger

7 minutes ago, jon said:

Nice work mark they are the solidest lipper  I have seen in a while. I’ll be sure to take a few tough prawns up on my next trip. What weight jig head did you mostly use?

Depending on depth and drift the red throat like it on the drop like floatlining but the trout you want to be hard on the bottom. We were using 3/4 ounce through to 2 ounce jig heads

1 hour ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

G'day tugger

Great job on all the tasty reefies. How good is the timing to perfectly run out then restock. I guess with all the fish you catch you will have fish for months! 🙂 And it is sure interesting how you got most on lures opposed to bait.

Chers Hamish

Thanks Hamish most trips its the other way round for most of the species up there except the trout which I have noticed they love the plastics over the times Brock has fished with me.

On 27/10/2020 at 7:05 PM, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

G'day tugger

Great job on all the tasty reefies. How good is the timing to perfectly run out then restock. I guess with all the fish you catch you will have fish for months! 🙂 And it is sure interesting how you got most on lures opposed to bait.

Chers Hamish

Had some red emperor last night and it was sensational the fish don't get any better than this IMO

5 hours ago, pancakes_and_haggis said:

Awesome little trip away mate.. the old tough prawns hey I never thought I'd see you throwing rubber around. 

When are you going to try the jigs? 

20201109_054159.jpg

It either was watching Brock catch all the good fish or join him using plastics. I have tried the 50 gram shads metal vibes on the trout and they work to.

• 3 weeks later...