Great Fight On 50lb!

samsteele115

1 minute ago, ellicat said:

Yes, I gained a new respect for the rocks when, at 43, @benno573 pushed me into a crevice at DI Pt. Luckily I got jammed by my hips and was able to make it out again (without help). haha....some of that may be stretching the truth but I did indeed fall and get wedged about a body length down.

Scary. What a meanie! @benno573

Nice job on the trevally they are definitely good fighters and will easily bust you off near any structure i only landed one decent GT on light gear on my trip it will be pretty rare I catch a decent GT where I’m from sometimes in the river you get them at around the 40-70cm but it’s extremely rare to see them let alone catch one

Cracking fish mate. Glad you are getting amongst them. 

Great that it ate ok. 

I love to do them in a curry. An easy way to do this is to mix curry paste, some salt and lots of coconut cream in a bowl. Make a bit of a dish shape in some al-foil, put the fish in and pour over the mix. If you have lemon grass or lime leaves or other herbs just chuck them on top. put a lid of foil on the top and seal it up and bake in the oven. 

So easy and so yummy. 

48 minutes ago, Drop Bear said:

Cracking fish mate. Glad you are getting amongst them. 

Great that it ate ok. 

I love to do them in a curry. An easy way to do this is to mix curry paste, some salt and lots of coconut cream in a bowl. Make a bit of a dish shape in some al-foil, put the fish in and pour over the mix. If you have lemon grass or lime leaves or other herbs just chuck them on top. put a lid of foil on the top and seal it up and bake in the oven. 

So easy and so yummy. 

Yum!! Yes I have all of the above in regards to herbs. They are a firm fish so would curry well. 

1 hour ago, GregOug said:

Okay. I’ll tone it down. Sorry @ellicat. No offence meant. A few too many reds that night, but that’s no excuse..

No offense taken. I've had more fat jokes thrown at me since I lost my trim taut and terrific physique a decade ago that I make up my own usually. lol