Christmas 2020

ellicat

Should we have an end of year get-together this year ?

Thinking a central Brisbane park and barbecue lunch kind of thing. I should also mention families are welcome.

Open to comments and suggestions and if there's enough interest I'll organise it.

Who's going -

ellicat
Benno573
Kat
AUS-BNE-FISHO
Cavvy
kmcrosby78
GregOug
Drop Bear
Do$tylz
Old Scaley
fishingnut
Leosonfire
Crazywalrus (maybe)

It has been arranged to meet at Orleigh Park at Noon on Sunday 29 November 2020.

It will just be a simple sausage sizzle with butter and sauce. BYO alcohol. Coke, water and lemonade will be supplied.

It will be a good way to meet potential deckies or skippers or just get to put faces to names, so worth coming along.

5 hours ago, ellicat said:

If we do Captain Burke Park it will be an option. Maybe some sharking - straight on the bbq.

Alright, so I have fished there before and seen lots of videos on it. By catching live baits and fishing off the beach that is there, you have a fir chance at a bully, thready, flatty, or even a grunter bream. I could volunteer myself and my dad to do this. A running sinker rig with a circle hook and a rod holder is all you need. Tides don't really matter here, but the time I got a bully there was on a lower tide. (Rising)

If booking is an issue it could just be a spot for the Sharking Social (if we choose to meet up for that one).

Cheers Hamish

Just heard back from the BCC. Seems Capt. Burke Park is out. Other suggestions ?

"

Good afternoon

Thank you for your park booking enquiry to hold your private function at Captain Burke Park, on Sunday, 29 November 2020 from 12:00pm – 3:00pm.

Please note there is a major restoration project happening to the Story Bridge and works commenced Monday, 12 October 2020 and are lasting for at least five years.

During this time there may be areas of the park that may be unavailable for public use as the works may be disruptive to your event because of noise and infrastructure that may change the usual ambience and aesthetics of the park.

We would like to recommend that you choose an alternative location for your Private Event. Please advise if you would like to book another park for your event.

Kind Regards,

Liam Willis

Administration Officer | Support Services Centre

Organisational Services | BRISBANE CITY COUNCIL

"

8 minutes ago, Old Scaley said:

I walked through that park a few days ago and didn’t see anything happening? Oh, well. Orleigh Park at West End has plenty of room but does get busy. Fishing options there too for the tragics (Hamish I am looking at you). 

If we go there I will cast net prawns, seeing as though the last time I went there there were loads, then try for a salmon or bully, Steve.

I’ve seen people get heaps on YouTube there but apparently it is to heavily fished now, and doesn’t produce as much.

Cheers Hamish 

1 minute ago, ellicat said:

Kangaroo Pt isn't far from Capt Burke, but the parking is pretty limited. So West End is probably the better of the two. What about you northsiders ? I can't think of any with easy access and parking on the north of the river.

It depends on how far we want to go up. There are some nice parks up the river but it could be a fair bit of extra time for some so would probably be inconvenient.

Cheers Hamish 🙂