Christmas 2020

ellicat

19 minutes ago, ellicat said:

Maybe people could bring their own chairs, just in case we don't get a shelter.

Hey Brian

Yeah, I was thinking that too. It would also be good especially if we need extra space. 

Also, I will go for a fish there. I could probably catch live bait (hopefully) for anyone interested in fishing. 

Cheers Hamish

Looks good Brian. I'm pretty sure fishing on the bend would be best, as it is the largest, and it will be easy to put rod holders in. 

Also, you could watch rods from the shelter I suppose. Just another thought - if we get there at about 10:30AM and someone has decided to put the table in disgusting state, some wipes may just be handy (I can bring them).

Cheers Hamish 🙂 

On 20/11/2020 at 6:34 PM, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Looks good Brian. I'm pretty sure fishing on the bend would be best, as it is the largest, and it will be easy to put rod holders in. 

Also, you could watch rods from the shelter I suppose. Just another thought - if we get there at about 10:30AM and someone has decided to put the table in disgusting state, some wipes may just be handy (I can bring them).

Cheers Hamish 🙂 

Even better would be a sheet or tablecloth.  Not sure if I have anything.  Will check.

There is a ramp at South Brisbane, just near the old Paul’s milk factory. There is one of those nice new city council multi purpose pontoons about 100 metres away from the playground area where we would hope to be. It is out of sight though because it is just around the corner. Also, you can tie up to them but time is limited (20 minutes I think), so you would probably need to be on or near the boat at all times. It would be less than 2 kms from the ramp to the pontoon. If you know Coronation Drive, the ramp is on the opposite side of the river just west of the go-between bridge and the pontoon is at the other end of that reach, a bit further down than opposite the Regatta hotel, so you would cover that distance in no time. 

It gets pretty busy there on weekends with parties so I don’t think we can be certain of getting a shelter shed and tables even if people get there at 10.30. I could bring a couple of small fold up tables for food if that helps.

31 minutes ago, Old Scaley said:

There is a ramp at South Brisbane, just near the old Paul’s milk factory. There is one of those nice new city council multi purpose pontoons about 100 metres away from the playground area where we would hope to be. It is out of sight though because it is just around the corner. Also, you can tie up to them but time is limited (20 minutes I think), so you would probably need to be on or near the boat at all times. It would be less than 2 kms from the ramp to the pontoon. If you know Coronation Drive, the ramp is on the opposite side of the river just west of the go-between bridge and the pontoon is at the other end of that reach, a bit further down than opposite the Regatta hotel, so you would cover that distance in no time. 

It gets pretty busy there on weekends with parties so I don’t think we can be certain of getting a shelter shed and tables even if people get there at 10.30. I could bring a couple of small fold up tables for food if that helps.

Hi @Old Scaley

I will be there no later than 8.30.  But people here get up soooo early it may pay to bring a couple of tables if it is no trouble.  Also as I plan to be fishing not sure how I would "hold" the tables anyway.  I suppose I could make some reserved signs and see if that works lol