Hiking The Rainforest Creeks In Search Of Jps

pancakes_and_haggis

40 minutes ago, Do$tylz said:

Beaut country, photos and fish Callum.

Mate - I think we have 1 left. the last one 😄 I'll have a look tonight when I get home. 602L right?

Could you also look for those long scouts you had? I am after one for casting stick baits off the rocks at Straddie.

Also do you have any of the lighter Favourites? 

15 minutes ago, Do$tylz said:

Hey Robbie - yep. I think I have 2 more of the 9ft scouts. Light favourites - maybe not. I'll have to look.

Hey @Do$tylz

I doubt you'd have any, (and don't mean to hijack this thread), but my dad has a Barra King overhead reel, 20lb braid, size 65 I believe, which is in for a service.

We need a rod for the reel... Would you have any rods left over, about 20-30lb, for overhead reels?

Cheers Hamish

Hi guys sorry delay in replies, 

Looking forward to Mark coming up, im already scouting out the red grounds to repay the 1770 favours!!! 

No crocs in these creeks they are high up in the Tully gorge mission beach area  thank goodness no snakes either on this trip but im sure they are there haha 

• 5 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

I am going to be up at Port Douglass in April. 

Does anyone know some spots I could try up there? 

You could try the Tin Shed. You will probably catch a cool breeze and a cold beer on a hot arvo. But seriously now folks, from memory there are some lovely little creeks around Mossman where I have seen JPs by the dozens. Nice part of the world.

14 hours ago, Breaming with bro said:

For sooties and JP or any type of fishing around the area? Any particular speices?

Good Questions. Let me start a new topic so I don't hijack this one. 

13 hours ago, Old Scaley said:

You could try the Tin Shed. You will probably catch a cool breeze and a cold beer on a hot arvo. But seriously now folks, from memory there are some lovely little creeks around Mossman where I have seen JPs by the dozens. Nice part of the world.

12 hours ago, GregOug said:

Gee, you certainly get around. Can I have your life?