Anybody Else Disappointed With The Way Rods Are Built And Sold Nowadays?

Ed.

1 hour ago, Andrew_P said:

Hey Old Scaley,

Unfortunately it looks like Gary has moved some of his operations offshore too, there was a "Made in Vietnam" sticker on some of his rods at the local tackle store i looked at lately...  i'm not entirely sure if any of his rods are built in Brisbane but its kinda hard to justify building rods in Australia when they are no blank manufacturers left here. RIP Aussie manufacturing 

I was at his factory last year in Brendale and at that time I saw them still making rods there, but it has been a while since then so not sure about if they are still doing that. From an economic point of view you can't blame him for going offshore and building them there as there is a as huge cost in rod building as it is very labour intensive.

Speaking of quality control or lack thereof to be more precise, I went to Anaconda today and that rod I mentioned at the start was no longer there so maybe someone noticed it and pulled it from the racks, anyway I went there to buy a pair of 10" pair of bent nose pliers made from  Stainless steel and Nickle plated with fishing hook eye opening cones, cutter and crimping slots, and had to sort through about 8 of them before I found one that was acceptable. It seems that nearly all of them had an issue in that that the handle which fits over the the central swivel pin was drilled about 1mm out of the correct position so end result, none of the hook eye opening cones as well as the crimping slots lined up properly , which meant that you could not close the pliers 100%, the cones and the crimping slots also prevented from making a perfect match as they didn't line up.

So another product to be aware of and check before purchasing.

SureCatch Big Game 10’’ Multi-Purpose Pliers .jpg

3 hours ago, Breaming with bro said:

Lol what do you work for Brisbane Coffs and Taree and Newcastle is pretty far

I work for the same reason everyone else works pay the bills feed the family

22 minutes ago, Breaming with bro said:

lol l meant what do you work for as in What type of job are you doing 

Oh , transport usually pick ups and drop offs from auctions when that's quiet general freight