Shimano Symetre Reels Are Back?

Brodie_S

On the last stop On my trip at Coffs Harbour I visited mo tackle and spent a hour looking at as much as I could and noticed the Symetre reels with a rod but they were green and slightly different but very similar I assumed mo tackle were the only ones that stocked these as the black Symetre were discontinued I’ve heard these reels were super good before they got discontinued I heard a few of them had manufacture issues and I think that’s why they got discontinued. Anyway today I went into my local bcf and seen this same combo with the green Symetre reel soon as I got home I looked up the Symetre combo and their $200 everywhere and their pretty new the reel features 3+1 bearings like the Sedona and has line propulsion management and G free body I tried looking everywhere for more info on this reel . But basically I’m pretty sure it’s a cross between the Sedona and sienna it’s basically the same as the old Symetre but it’s now green with a different drag knob and has a handle similar to the sienna FG with a Eva/rubber handle and XT7 body but unfortunately no hagane gear .so in essence Im pretty sure it’s a sedona FI and sienna FG hybrid it’s better then the sienna FG but not as good as the Sedona but pretty similar note you can only buy the combo not the reel which is weird  . So yeah to All those people who really loved the Symetre is back just in a different colour and the rod isn’t to bad either but for $200 I would’t recommend it for $200 I would get a sedona FI even though I’m pretty sure there gonna bring out a new one in 2021 and a daiwa aird x 20 rod . They upgraded the aird x rod’s their not that much different to the older model. I’m glad their making decent gear more affordable now the gear available now is a lot better then a year or 2 ago 

Yeah it’s a bit annoying they only come in a combo .and yeah they are ittle bit different to the original but are a lot similar to the original I heard there was some manufacturer issues in the bail arm line lay or something along those lines so they probably fixed that and changed a few other things but it’s super annoying it’s just in a combo like if it was $70-80 just for the reel in the smaller sizes 1000-3000 it would be really good and would be great replacement for the nexave but then again the nexave is only 2 years old I think the nasci and sedona are gonna get a upgrade next year usually Shimano upgrade their reels every 4-8 years depending on how popular they are .the sienna reels have changed 2 times in the last 10 years sienna FD then the 2016 sienna FE and the 2019 sienna FG