Made A New Friend Today, Found A Young short billed corrella.

Ed.

There are quite a few around here, mostly carpet pythons and the blacks are the most common, a few tree snakes , a few whip snakes and the odd brown, I don't mind most except the browns. The carpet snakes like to go into the sheds and into the roof cavity when its gets cold and I come across them when I do some work in the sheds, I go to lift something up and they just stare at me and occasionally give me a hiss, so I just let them be and work around them. The blacks keep the browns under control and so very rarely do I see one of those. There are Tigers around here occasionally but I have never seen them at our place but I do see them as road kill on the road nearby.

Yep, as the weather warms up and with fresh rains they will be coming out of the woodwork. Where I live, nearly all my neighbours keep chickens and that attracts the rats and the mice which in turns attracts the snakes and quite a few properties also have dams. I have a lot of Golden Cane palms, so as the fruit ripens, that attracts the fruit bats and the larger carpet pythons just hang out in the fronds waiting for their dinner to arrive. So just one big restaurant! and they all come to eat at Ed's! 🤣

Yep, "Another Wazza " mentioned that a few posts back  so I checked and so it looks like my neighbor was wrong, I just went by what she called it, I figured that as she had a few parrots she would know better than I would. For a little bird they do have a big voice which is what got my attention when I first heard it. But it is too late for me to change the title though, if one of the mods can change that to the correct name that would be good.

• ellicat changed the title to Made A New Friend Today, Found A Young short billed corrella.
22 hours ago, Ed. said:

Yep, "Another Wazza " mentioned that a few posts back  so I checked and so it looks like my neighbor was wrong, I just went by what she called it, I figured that as she had a few parrots she would know better than I would. For a little bird they do have a big voice which is what got my attention when I first heard it. But it is too late for me to change the title though, if one of the mods can change that to the correct name that would be good.

Gold. Looks like it got changed. I have always said there are too many pedants on this site. So much so my extreme pedantry just seems to fit in haha. 

1 hour ago, Drop Bear said:

Gold. Looks like it got changed. I have always said there are too many pedants on this site. So much so my extreme pedantry just seems to fit in haha. 

Actually @Drop Bear, you should have placed a full stop after the ‘in’ and before the ‘haha’, which also should be capitalised thus ‘HaHa’.

cheers

your fellow pedant

Greg

I reckon they are cute! either way I much prefer them to the rats and mice. They can eat of those as many as they want! In fact that is why  I think it is hanging around the water feature for, some nice take away or fast food so to speak. 😄 My wife is probably going to drag me outside to check if it is still there in the morning when she goes off to work. I haven't shown her the big one out the back that occasionally visits us, makes this one look like a new born! 🤣

20 hours ago, Ed. said:

I reckon they are cute! either way I much prefer them to the rats and mice. They can eat of those as many as they want! In fact that is why  I think it is hanging around the water feature for, some nice take away or fast food so to speak. 😄 My wife is probably going to drag me outside to check if it is still there in the morning when she goes off to work. I haven't shown her the big one out the back that occasionally visits us, makes this one look like a new born! 🤣

Im a big fan too. they get in the chicken coop and make the chooks nervous so I throw them into the bush. They come back but take a while.