Ask For Appropriate Line And Weight Advice

JAYJAy

Hi, I'm a novice angler, JayJAY.
I bought the Pryml Raptor Spinning Combo from BCF. It is 7ft, 2-4kg. (reel 2000)
I'd like to know the thickness of the line and the weight of the luer for this combo.
I want to do light inland fishing, squid, bream, flathead, etc. on land lure fishing.
Crankbate minnow zighead and so on.
I'm a very beginner, so I don't know much. Please help me a lot.
Thank you!

Buy this!

https://www.bcf.com.au/p/pryml-raptor-spinning-combo/M585527.html?cgid=BCF0315#sz=60&start=18

• JAYJAy locked and unlocked this topic
On 13/11/2020 at 10:57 PM, JAYJAy said:

Hi, I'm a novice angler, JayJAY.
I bought the Pryml Raptor Spinning Combo from BCF. It is 7ft, 2-4kg. (reel 2000)
I'd like to know the thickness of the line and the weight of the luer for this combo.
I want to do light inland fishing, squid, bream, flathead, etc. on land lure fishing.
Crankbate minnow zighead and so on.
I'm a very beginner, so I don't know much. Please help me a lot.
Thank you!

Buy this!

https://www.bcf.com.au/p/pryml-raptor-spinning-combo/M585527.html?cgid=BCF0315#sz=60&start=18

6lb-8lb braid and a clear soft mono leader or fluorocarbon leader from 6-12lb will suit this combo well. hope that helps a good knot for joining your braid to a leader is a FG knot or a modified version of the Alberto both are great choices and are stronger and slimmer and generally Easier to tie then the slim beauty double uni Bimini twist Albright GT knot and most of the braid to leader connection knots. Good soft plastics to buy for bream and flathead are baitjunkie 2.5 minnows and tackle tactics vibes . Jigheads for 2.5 inch plastics I recommend are 1/8 ounces in size 1 hook this will cover most of you’re bream and flathead fishing in pretty much every situation good hardbodies are atomic crank baits and shads both work well for bream and flathead and also whiting . Hope those tips help 

1 hour ago, Breaming with bro said:

6lb-8lb braid and a clear soft mono leader or fluorocarbon leader from 6-12lb will suit this combo well. hope that helps a good knot for joining your braid to a leader is a FG knot or a modified version of the Alberto both are great choices and are stronger and slimmer and generally Easier to tie then the slim beauty double uni Bimini twist Albright GT knot and most of the braid to leader connection knots. Good soft plastics to buy for bream and flathead are baitjunkie 2.5 minnows and tackle tactics vibes . Jigheads for 2.5 inch plastics I recommend are 1/8 ounces in size 1 hook this will cover most of you’re bream and flathead fishing in pretty much every situation good hardbodies are atomic crank baits and shads both work well for bream and flathead and also whiting . Hope those tips help 

Are you serious? The ‘slim beauty double uni Bimini twist Albright GT knot’. C’mon. Give me a break. Lol.

3 minutes ago, GregOug said:

Are you serious? The ‘slim beauty double uni Bimini twist Albright GT knot’. C’mon. Give me a break. Lol.

Hey @GregOug. You would be old enough to have seen the Paul Newman movie “Coolhand Luke” and will remember the famous quote: “What we have here is a failure to punctuate”. 😝  Just a few commas missing.