Bli Bli Barra Park

Finished early today and thought I might take my daughter and her boyfriend for a night fish at the barra park. Jaide isn't so keen on the boat now that she's growing up but if I say barra park her face still lights up. Jaide landed the first barra after a wrestle in the mangroves we got it in the net and the score board was up and running , about an hour later Braith hooked onto a bigger unit but ended up popping the leader after a solid 15 minute fight . Half hour past it was finally my turn and mine spat the hook after 20 seconds we all ended up hooking up and losing fish for the next 40 minutes then I f finally managed to land one then it went dead until 5 minutes before closing time when I landed a much smaller one around 50 cm. The new live fibre handled as well as I expected their just such a good rod the alvey was ok but I would like the drag to be a bit smoother,  maybe it will get smoother after a few good fish.Screenshot_20201113-215801_Messages.thumb.jpg.87a808bc22a5001020582e4eed69b8c9.jpgScreenshot_20201113-215635_Messages.thumb.jpg.92553e18edc61a401d664286a9132d2c.jpg

Nice sesh those Barra only seem to take floating pellets there and if you’re lucky to the big boys pond towards the end of it can have massive Barra sunbaking in it I made the mistake of hooking a 80cm+ Barra On my light bream setup although you were fishing the night sesh looks like you had  a good sesh good job those Barra can be hard to hook at times. If I ever go back there I’m taking a blackfish float lmao or something to make the pellets float or atleast make them stay near the surface. And yeah that would have been good to test out those live fibre rods on those Barra they fight like crazy . Awesome job didn’t realise how hard Barra fishing was until i went there I basically spent the whole time doing trial and error to see what would work.

9 hours ago, Breaming with bro said:

Nice sesh those Barra only seem to take floating pellets there and if you’re lucky to the big boys pond towards the end of it can have massive Barra sunbaking in it I made the mistake of hooking a 80cm+ Barra On my light bream setup although you were fishing the night sesh looks like you had  a good sesh good job those Barra can be hard to hook at times. If I ever go back there I’m taking a blackfish float lmao or something to make the pellets float or atleast make them stay near the surface. And yeah that would have been good to test out those live fibre rods on those Barra they fight like crazy . Awesome job didn’t realise how hard Barra fishing was until i went there I basically spent the whole time doing trial and error to see what would work.

We took in a few live herring  most were dead some garfish and bony bream  all were unweghted on 15lb fluro carbon leader with 4/0 circle hook but use the mustads because their a thinner gauge. If you throw  close to the bank your hook up rate will increase , we only used the pellets for burley.

15 minutes ago, ellicat said:

Some good captures on the new gear. Gotta be happy with that. I've always heard the pellets are the go-to bait there, but seems the fresh or live baits are the winners.

The pellets are definitely effective , I've just had more success with my own baits , I've seen people using plastics and all sorts of things in there producing results. The best thing to do is have a chat to Dave the manager in there the man is like an encyclopedia with tips and first hand knowledge he has been there so long when he first started he used to ride a stegasaurus to work.

14 hours ago, Sneaky1 said:

Finished early today and thought I might take my daughter and her boyfriend for a night fish at the barra park. Jaide isn't so keen on the boat now that she's growing up but if I say barra park her face still lights up. Jaide landed the first barra after a wrestle in the mangroves we got it in the net and the score board was up and running , about an hour later Braith hooked onto a bigger unit but ended up popping the leader after a solid 15 minute fight . Half hour past it was finally my turn and mine spat the hook after 20 seconds we all ended up hooking up and losing fish for the next 40 minutes then I f finally managed to land one then it went dead until 5 minutes before closing time when I landed a much smaller one around 50 cm. The new live fibre handled as well as I expected their just such a good rod the alvey was ok but I would like the drag to be a bit smoother,  maybe it will get smoother after a few good fish.Screenshot_20201113-215801_Messages.thumb.jpg.87a808bc22a5001020582e4eed69b8c9.jpgScreenshot_20201113-215635_Messages.thumb.jpg.92553e18edc61a401d664286a9132d2c.jpg

Blakbeerd lol😆😆😆