Just Moved

Woodsy1

Welcome to the GC.

There are a lot of options for fishing in the GC, plus a lot of people doing it too! 

There is some good Snapper fishing here on the shallow reefs, although it may slow down a little as the weather warms up. If you like chasing pelagics, the season is just about the start. Mackerel should start to show up here in the next month - always lots of fun.

Good luck and let us know how you go.

Marty

33 minutes ago, GregOug said:

Welcome to AFO Woodsy. What type of boat do you have?

Thanks Greg I’ve got a barcrusher 620c

7 hours ago, ellicat said:

G'day Woodsy,

Welcome to the forum. Like Marty said the mackerel season is just about to start. Palm Beach Reef is the place to get to (early !!) if you're into that.

Have a look around in the forums and I'm sure you'll be able to glean some good info. If not, ask away.

Thanks Ellicat

Hey mate, welcome to the forum. Plenty of options for shallow water reef fishing in and just out from Moreton bay and off the sunny coast, also a bit south of the goldy out from tweed and off kingscliffe. 

I used to fish off the Gold Coast a bit when I had my boat and really struggled with bottom fishing, usually could put together a feed of pelagics in the warmer months though. I found I had to go either out to the 42’s and further or a long way north up the the pin reefs before you got into any reasonable ground that wasn’t completely flogged for reefies but you could find pelagics anywhere there is bait really - as @ellicat suggested palm beach reef is famous for its spotty mackerel run in summer.

Could be just me of course - I’m sure some people get bottom fish on the 18’s and 24’s!

• 1 month later...
On 23/11/2020 at 10:33 AM, marty said:

if you know where to look there are plenty of bottom fish between the 18's and 24's - but most don't share those GPS marks lightly for obvious reasons.

I’ve recently bought a boat and live on the Gold Coast, do you know of any marks that aren’t posted all over the internet ? My boat is only 4.8 so wouldn’t go much further out than the 18s and 24s.