Kat

32 minutes ago, Kat said:

Never mind about the eel advice - remembered the search function and found heaps of advice already posted.  Cheers

I know you props done you’re research but I find if you go fishing after sunset with fatty or juicy meat flesh dead fish sausage really anything with meat you will catch eels even caught a massive pike eel using eel was fishing for sharks. the problem when I go shark fishing is I either get strange by catch like massive pufferfish and that pike eel or I get a big shark that busts me off . And one time caught a decent sized shark after fighting for awhile I got it close to the boat and the hook bent out I now only use mustad hooks for shark fishing I use mustad hooks for most of my fishing lmao 

1 minute ago, Breaming with bro said:

I know you props done you’re research but I find if you go fishing after sunset with fatty or juicy meat flesh dead fish sausage really anything with meat you will catch eels even caught a massive pike eel using eel was fishing for sharks. the problem when I go shark fishing is I either get strange by catch like massive pufferfish and that pike eel or I get a big shark that busts me off

I hope to get a bigger one next time.  Pretty sure the reel and rod will hold up.  Maybe just need to worry about the line and my knots! You usually fish pretty light so you have to expect that

9 hours ago, Kat said:

Now I have to find out how to catch freshwater eels.  I already know where some are about 2 min walk from my place.  Any advice would be appreciated.

Best way is to get a handline, a bit of chicken, sinker that will reach the bottom, strong sharp hook, and a plastic bag.

Chuck the line out and wait until it goes taught then reel it in. You're done!

Cheers Hamish