D & H Reel Repairs!!!

AUS-BNE-FISHO

1 hour ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Hi all

Some of you may know, but I dropped my reels in to D and H reel repairs a few weeks ago. Due to Dad's work, we haven't been able to pick them up until today. The first time we were there we had a great chat with Duncan (mainly him showing and telling us awesome fish stories) and we dropped the reels off feeling happy. It was that arvo I got a thready!

When we went to pick them up today, they were as shiny as ever. He gave us free new parts in them, such as carbon-tech drag washers in my Shimano Sienna 1000 🙂! We had a brief chat, but since Dad was working from home we couldn't stay that long unfortunately. On the way out, he gave me something that probably made my holidays. A brand new Diawa baitcaster reel and Angler Australia rod!!! Just what I wanted for Christmas! I think he is early Santa! So, I walked away very happy with my three reels, which I tested this arvo and work great (the drag goes awesome on bullies), and I cannot wait to catch some more fish on it. I will post a picture or two tomorrow 🙂

So, I give him a 100% rating. Great reel service, good customer service and very friendly, and quite willing for a chat! I highly suggest you go there if you can and need a reel service. 

https://www.facebook.com/D-H-Reel-Repairs-347434902127288/

Cheers Hamish 🙂 

I’m a bit confused. Did the guy give you the new rod and reel or your dad? And if the guy did, why? Lol.

3 minutes ago, GregOug said:

I’m a bit confused. Did the guy give you the new rod and reel or your dad? And if the guy did, why? Lol.

One of his mates told him to give it to a kid who needs it. 

He said he could've kept it for himself (in a joking manner) but I think he took a liking to me (I think) and gave it to me out of kindness 🙂 

Cheers Hamish

11 minutes ago, Kat said:

Good score Hamish!  You deserve it - not sure if you are a young kid in need though!  Lol.  How many outfits do you have now?

Heya Kat 

Thank you (and yes, it sure was a score Brian and Junky).

I think my current outfits at the moment are - 

- Shimano Sienna 1000 and Ugly Stik 2-4KG rod 6 foot 6

- Shimano Nasci 2500 and Ugly Stik 2-4KG 8 foot 

- Diawa Shinobi 2500 and Abu Garcia Veritas 2-4KG (I think). 6 foot 6

- Shimano Telescopic Set up. 4000 size reel on 6 foot 6 rod 

- Size 5000 Jarvis Walker rod on a cheapy rod 

- Diawa bait caster reel which can be used on Angler Australia rod 

- Abu Garcia Barra King size 65 which can be used on Ugly Stik 6 foot 6 or Angker Australia rod 

- Cheapy Jarvis Walker rod 2-4KG

There may be some others I don’t remember... I think that’s all though! 

Cheers Hamish 🙂