My first live fibre

GregOug

1 hour ago, GregOug said:

Hi KM,

I did try both the Thunnus 4000 and the 6000 on the rod before I bought one, as you suggested. I also took into consideration that I’m an old school mono user through and through. The 4000 takes around 180m of 5kg mono and the 6000 takes around 250m of 6kg mono. The rod is rated 4-6kg and I have put 6kg on the 6000. I started fishing many years ago and in those days I would have only used 6kg for whiting. For everything else you used 30lb or more. So to me 6kg is still like using cotton but I am slowly adapting. I am not a small bloke and have big hands and the 4000 felt like a toy to me. I am happier with the 6000. It is still not a big reel and, in my opinion, suits the rod well. Thanks for your comments though. Much appreciated.

cheers

Greg

All good mate - you know what feels good for you and it will be you using it, not me or others, so it needs to feel comfortable for you. Hope you catch some nice fish with it 🙂 

• 2 months later...
28 minutes ago, GregOug said:

Bought my fourth (or fifth, not sure, too many beers and wines today) live fibre today and I am in love! My first blade and tails live fibre and it is so light I may have to tie it down. The grips feel like silk and I’m sure it will cast a mile. It is a RLFBT08, 7’ and 15-30lb rating. Love it. Can’t wait to use it.

As the saying goes, when you are on a good thing ...stick to it. 😄

And I am not talking about the beer or wines either!😀

15 hours ago, GregOug said:

Bought my fourth (or fifth, not sure, too many beers and wines today) live fibre today and I am in love! My first blade and tails live fibre and it is so light I may have to tie it down. The grips feel like silk and I’m sure it will cast a mile. It is a RLFBT08, 7’ and 15-30lb rating. Love it. Can’t wait to use it.

Nice one Greg. Hope you can blood it with some big ones.

Cheers Hamish

P.S. If you're wondering why I am not at school at this hour it is because I am sick - got some head cold from someone 😞