Nice looking boat haha

Drop Bear

Says the same government who puts baited drum lines 500m off swimming beach’s with documented proof of them being harmful to marine life such as turtles and birds .so for the government to have the audacity to say this really pisses me off anyway wether the government wants me to berley for sharks or not to berley for sharks I’m gonna do it anyway I have 0 respect for the fisheries not the fisherie officers themselves but the government that’s in change of fisheries. Sorry to get so political but it is in the political thread

42 minutes ago, Kat said:

Hey @Breaming with brobro

I understand where you are coming from, but would you generally be berleying near where people and especially kids are swimming?  I don't tend to fish much at swimming spots cause there is always the risk of hooking someone 🙂.

cheers Kat

No I don’t fish near people especially for shark fishing and I think most people are the same. The main problem I have with the video is that there are drum lines all along the nsw coast mainly around the beachs usually 500m from the shore. they attract everything from sharks birds fish and even to turtles. When a shark eats the bait it gets hooked then the fisheries get notified that the shark has been hooked and relocate the shark . The problem with this is because many times the sharks die from stress because it takes fisheries a long time to get there by the time they have been notified . Second problem is because they attract other things that get tangled and hooked wildlife like birds and turtles .third thing is they attract sharks closer to the swimming beaches so in opinion I don’t see anyone benefits to drum lines I only see disadvantages . It’s also like the shark nets .one of my dads friends worked for something to due with water can’t remember now could have been water police but not sure anyway he often said that the nets kept more sharks in the beach rather then out of the beach . and i just don’t like the fisheries in general cause i see a lot of illegal fishing activitie where I’m from and nothing gets done about it . Queensland looked a lot better when I went up there in terms illegal fishing and regulations some areas in nsw are controlled by well by fisheries like sydney but not many

• 2 weeks later...