Happy new year from Austin Texas!

username_taken

Hey @username_taken

Welcome back! I’ve read lots of old trips from you. Some nice fish there too. I love my two baitcasters, I certainly prefer them to spin reels for lure fishing. 

If you’ve caught them, what gods harder? Aussie Bass or American ones?

Keep staying safe and it’d be pretty hectic with the virus where you are.

Cheers Hamish

8 hours ago, username_taken said:

Ohh yeah I think it was actually that I did something really dumb like forgot my tent poles.

Def enjoying the bbq scene here, although not so much this year because sadly there's a lot of crossover with bbq folks and idiots who think covid is a myth and masks are infringing on our freedoms.

What do you mean they think it is a myth? I’ve done lots of research on various social media sites and I KNOW it’s all a conspiracy and just a rouse to get people to take the vaccine that DEFINITELY will allow the government to track your every move.

why does AFO not have the sarcasm font??

in all seriousness though, doesn’t sound ideal at all mate, hope you stay safe over there. I found it very easy to socially distance yourself on a kayak. 👍👍👍

12 hours ago, GregOug said:

Hi mate. Welcome. By the way, we are Australians down here. The Austrians live further north. 👍

You don't miss much Greg, I didn't even notice that the first time I read it ...... 🙂. It's like the tourist t-shirt in Austria - 'no kangaroos in Austria' ........ 😆