More Mackerel mayhem

marty

Thanks @marty interesting that you don’t use gang hooks I’ve always thought wire in popular areas such as palmy would turn off fish but ur def getting the results. I will definitely give wire a try.

Only cubes rather then whole pillies is also something I have to try maybe the adage “big bait big fish” doesn’t always work on macs

So ur using bait runners to float the cubes unweighted out the back to get the bait down to the strike zone. I’ve not really invested in baitrunners so will need to look into that as well. 

I haven’t fished on the boat outside Moreton bay as similar to @ellicat I’m trying to grow my sea legs 😊 but want to pick a good day to try my luck out the seaway.

Thanks for sharing. 

13 hours ago, Hweebe said:

Only cubes rather then whole pillies is also something I have to try maybe the adage “big bait big fish” doesn’t always work on macs

Interestingly, I've seen lots of situations where it's 'Big Bait, Small Fish', like when a whiting will eat a hard lure 3/4 the size of itself. Thanks for the good advice on gear and rigging marty and KM!

Cheers Hamish

• 3 weeks later...