COVID Lockdown

GregOug

This is an excerpt from the latest Maritime Safety Queensland release:

Brisbane, Moreton Bay, Ipswich, Redlands and Logan

From 6pm tonight, Friday 8 January, until 6pm Monday 11 January people in the local government areas of Brisbane, Moreton Bay, Ipswich, Redlands and Logan will be required to stay at home except for the following reasons:

• Shopping for essentials, food and necessary supplies

• Medical or healthcare needs, including compassionate requirements

• Exercise with no more than one other person, unless all from the same household

• Providing care or assistance to an immediate family member

• Work, or volunteering, or study if it is not reasonably practicable to work or learn remotely

• Child custody arrangements

• Legal obligations

• Visit for end of life

• Attend funeral or wedding in line with restrictions

Masks will also need to be worn everywhere in those local government areas except if people are at home.

Please refer to the Queensland Health website for a map of the lockdown area and specific Questions and Answers about this lockdown. https://www.qld.gov.au/health/conditions/health-alerts/coronavirus-covid-19/current-status/greater-brisbane-lockdown

I note that the wording seems to have changed somewhat since the original lockdown back in March last year. I interpret the above to mean boating and fishing are Not Allowed during this current lockdown. I am not a lawyer however so I am not giving advice. You need to make your own minds up.

cheers

Greg

Went down to Bribie Island to do a top up at the Woolworths store as we have had one daughter, hubby and bub stay with us for the past 2.5 weeks so our supplies were low and it looked like the entire Bribie Island traffic from the main road in was turning into the shopping car park, so diverted to the other Woolworths at Bellara and there was a queue of about 50m long to get into the store as they were limiting numbers into that store, as I didn't want to wait that long and it was raining, so did another diversion and finally drove to the Woolworths  next to the Caboolture Hospital.

That one wasn't too much of an issue except that most of the meat and bread were gone and only about 2 packs of toilet paper were left on the selves, looks like the locusts had come and gone.  Seriously for a 3 day lock down, some people are taking it way too far.

Just as an adjunct to my previous post from Maritime Safety Queensland above, just saw this statement from this week’s Bush and Beach Fishing email:

Today's announcement by the Queensland Government of a three-day lock down from 6pm Friday to 6pm Monday will rule out fishing this weekend. This was possibly going to be the case anyway with the current weather forecast, so what better time to get stuck into some trailer maintenance and tackle sorting.

cheers

Greg

I personally would be surprised if it doesn't go longer than the 3 days, but shops will still be open and deliveries will continue as usual, only difference is we will have to wear masks. My daughter will most likely get her money back for the flight but the problem is that she will most likely have to quarantine in a hotel for two weeks when she gets back and that could cost her thousands which she can't afford.

Hey Greg

Yep, heard about it all! It's a bit annoying if you ask me but probably something we will have to get used too, at least until they vaccinate everyone. Just because there's always going to be situations like this (hopefully not but probably anyways).

15 hours ago, Breaming with bro said:

Laughs in nsw 

Rack off!!!! 😉 

Cheers Hamish

Unfortunately the current vaccines won't guarantee that you won't get infected or reinfected or that you won't be able to pass the virus on to someone else and lastly, if they will even work against the various strains of the virus. They are being rushed out and with no long term studies as would be the norm, more of a political statement to appease the masses than a guaranteed  protection. So personally I would not be rushing out to get vaccinated until a few more years go by to see what effects there will be from these and will just take my chances in the mean time. Just my 2 cents worth!

1 hour ago, Ed. said:

Unfortunately the current vaccines won't guarantee that you won't get infected or reinfected or that you won't be able to pass the virus on to someone else and lastly, if they will even work against the various strains of the virus. They are being rushed out and with no long term studies as would be the norm, more of a political statement to appease the masses than a guaranteed  protection. So personally I would not be rushing out to get vaccinated until a few more years go by to see what effects there will be from these and will just take my chances in the mean time. Just my 2 cents worth!

Everyone who gets it can test if you grow a third eye and a second head 😜 

There is no way I am putting a rushed through vaccine in my veins. Hell no. I ain't that kind of junkie. 

I focus more on the financials in these circumstances. Money rules the world, no doubt about it, so who is cleaning up out of all this virus?

Certainly not small business.  

Imagine the GST alone from yesterday's hysterics here is SEQ? Boggling really. 

None the less, I am at work today, and tomorrow. 

3 hours ago, Angry51 said:

Does that mean Tasmania has had a corona vaccine years ago.😜

What's wrong with Tassy?! There's some big trout down there 😄 

I went for a ride today and it was weird to see pretty much everyone in masks (only saw a couple people jogging without them on - they had them though so can't be to bad)... And the streets were like ghost towns. Main roads literally deserted to the point that you could J-Walk without a car being in sight! 

Cheers Hamish

There might be another reason which mainlanders attribute to Tasmanian's but the above will do, I am now zipping up my lips. 😁

But changing the subject, there apparently seems to be about 50000 different strains of Co-Vid 19 as mentioned in tonight's news, I didn't realize it had changed that much.