What Is Your Gear Storage Setup?

AUS-BNE-FISHO

Clever use of a cubby house @AUS-BNE-FISHO, looks like it works well. I live in a timber cottage that isn't legal height under but I've paved it, so I have a large storage rack that all my fishing gear, eskies, etc goes on. The rods are stored under the floorboards by utilising the beam and the metal water pipe that run perpendicular from each other. Does the job 🙂. We are on the house hunt and I'd love a shed at the next house.

4 minutes ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Clever use of a cubby house @AUS-BNE-FISHO, looks like it works well. I live in a timber cottage that isn't legal height under but I've paved it, so I have a large storage rack that all my fishing gear, eskies, etc goes on. The rods are stored under the floorboards by utilising the beam and the metal water pipe that run perpendicular from each other. Does the job 🙂. We are on the house hunt and I'd love a shed at the next house.

Hey KM

Sounds like you have a nice little spot there for your gear! Thanks for sharing and good luck with the house.

Cheers Hamish

P.S. I would love a shed too! Or a mancave 😈

I have a Rod rack to store all my rods I keep all my reels in their boxes and store then in a drawer in my room I have a closet sort of thing hard to explain which I store my my fishing back pack . I have 2 containers in the back pack 1 with all my hardbodie lures hooks sinkers wire traces vibes etc and the other with all my leaders and soft plastics and I also have a small container in that container that contains my S factor and jigheads . The other pockets in the backpack contain my braid scissors my 2 knifes pliers and nail clippers I have a small bag that goes with all my reel box’s in the drawer that contains some spare tackle like 70lb and 20 mono which I don’t use often and some assist hooks and other small things. I also have a trolling rod in the garage which next door gave me it’s a excellent rod I just gave it a service and it heaps good haven’t used it yet . My dads got this trolling reel that’s super old but hasn’t been used yet it’s in good condition so it’s matched up with that just need to replace the old line on that reel . I’ll post some pics tomorrow 

29 minutes ago, Junky said:

I built this cubby last year. 

Designed and built by me, from footings to rooftop. Saved a fortune and I know it's done right. 

I like eaves on sheds.  

Stores all my fishing gear and even the boat, which is the reason I built it. 

20201101_163705.thumb.jpg.cac2ac52722448f556e315ed83dcf318.jpg

Just have to finish it off. Couldn't be bothered over chrissy break. 

Roller door, and filleting station out the back. 

Wow - looks great Junky! Good luck in finishing it off in the future 🙂 

Cheers Hamish

1 minute ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Wow - that is a lot of rods @Do$tylz

I assume some of them are the Nordic Stage rods you were selling? 
I hope you get to have a good clean of it.

Cheers Hamish 

Yeah a lot of these ones are ones we used/samples that we tested. Angus had probably another 30 at his house for testing too.
There is some normal rods in there too - shimano, daiwa, custom, FC Labo, Ocean Master.

1 hour ago, Old Scaley said:

Looks very similar to my shed/boathouse. Similar dimensions but Mine is L shaped so I have a workbench and storage in the side part. Only problem I have is that there is minimum pitch in the roof and there is a huge poinciana tree overhanging it that drops lots of leaf litter and small branches that I need to clean off every few weeks or the roof rusts out like it has once before. Doesn’t look like you have trees right on top so you should be ok.

Can you cull some of the tree Steve to lessen the problem? Happy to help if you need sometime - Dad has a chainsaw we could use (and would probably come and help too, he loves chopping things down ...... 😜).

1 hour ago, Old Scaley said:

Looks very similar to my shed/boathouse. Similar dimensions but Mine is L shaped so I have a workbench and storage in the side part. Only problem I have is that there is minimum pitch in the roof and there is a huge poinciana tree overhanging it that drops lots of leaf litter and small branches that I need to clean off every few weeks or the roof rusts out like it has once before. Doesn’t look like you have trees right on top so you should be ok.

Hi Steve

That's a great little spot. Would be good for everything, seeing as though there's storage, and a workbench. The Poinciana would be a bit of a pain, but I'd imagine it'd keep the roof a bit cooler when it gets hot (due to shade)? Now I think about it that sounds silly seeing as though you already have the roof! 

Cheers Hamish

2 hours ago, Old Scaley said:

G'day @Old Scaley.

There is a few trees around it. I am keeping an eye on it and it's okay so far. Wind blows most leaves off. I have a few low branches to trim as well. Autumn will tell. 

Don't mind hopping up and sweeping if necessary. 

I also have a 12 x 7 x 3 but the boat doesn't fit. 

Goes without saying that I built that shed before I had this boat. D'OH!!

Never mind. I'm happy with my stuff up. 😜

1 hour ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Can you cull some of the tree Steve to lessen the problem? Happy to help if you need sometime - Dad has a chainsaw we could use (and would probably come and help too, he loves chopping things down ...... 😜).

Haha Kelvin.  Thanks for the offer but the Council declared the poinciana “a tree of local significance” several years ago so trimming it is a bureaucratic spiderweb. And it is beautiful when it flowers.

On 11/01/2021 at 7:43 AM, Junky said:

I built this cubby last year. 

Designed and built by me, from footings to rooftop. Saved a fortune and I know it's done right. 

I like eaves on sheds.  

Stores all my fishing gear and even the boat, which is the reason I built it. 

20201101_163705.thumb.jpg.cac2ac52722448f556e315ed83dcf318.jpg

Just have to finish it off. Couldn't be bothered over chrissy break. 

Roller door, and filleting station out the back. 

What sort of boat you got there mate? Is that a seaaddex?

I have a pile of stuff in the garage... One day I will clean it all up... perhaps. 

I did make a few rod racks but they fill up so quickly... I need a few more.

I do have shelves with places but it is always messy. 

The biggest problem is that I do to many types of fishing so have heaps and heaps of different things. 

One day I will grow up... perhaps. 

2 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

I have a pile of stuff in the garage... One day I will clean it all up... perhaps. 

I did make a few rod racks but they fill up so quickly... I need a few more.

I do have shelves with places but it is always messy. 

The biggest problem is that I do to many types of fishing so have heaps and heaps of different things. 

One day I will grow up... perhaps. 

Haha. Looks like an afternoon clean up is in need!

1 hour ago, Ed. said:

I built my self a rod rack several years ago which held 15 setups, unfortunately they bred and so I had to get rid of about 6 setups, and since then they bred again so now I think the only solution left now is to make a larger rod rack. 🤔

1914361537_RodRack2.thumb.jpg.ad43f1eca599c88ba473e20f510d5223.jpg

Rod rack 3.jpg

Are you sponsored by pure fishing ? You got a lot of penn reels and a Abu Garcia rod there . Also what are those rods with the Mahi on them never seen them before . Seems like you like to catch monsters lol lots of overheads and large penns you got there

2 hours ago, Breaming with bro said:

Are you sponsored by pure fishing ? You got a lot of penn reels and a Abu Garcia rod there . Also what are those rods with the Mahi on them never seen them before . Seems like you like to catch monsters lol lots of overheads and large penns you got there

I wish, but no, In the Penn brand,  I have 4 Spin and 3 overheads, but I also have Okuma (the 2 big Makairas plus the Solterra) and I also have Daiwa, Abu, Stealth and Tica baitcasters plus a couple of Chinese ones too, so no sponsorship unfortunately!

The rod with the Mahi Mahi on it is one I made based on a Synderglas blank which I got before the company was bought by Wilson I think. I bought 3 blanks at the time, the other 2 are next to that one. The one with the Mahi Mahi on it, is only one of two blanks made as far as I know, the owner of the factory only made 2 of these prototype blanks and he has the other one. I put a Mackerel and an Albacore sticker on the other two. The company got sold after that and I am not sure if Wilson are making any more of them.

As for the Makairas I bought the smaller one (30 size) for ballooning as I needed the line capacity and a few weeks after I got it, the bigger one (50W) came up at a price I couldn't resist and so the missus bought it for me.🙂 I still haven't had a chance to use those still.