Gliss Sale

GregOug

Hi all,

Just got an email saying Dinga has a sale on. They have Gliss line discounted. Sounds like a good deal. I’m pretty sure someone on here was giving it a rap. Anyway, just letting you know in case anyone is in desperate need of new line.

cheers

Greg

https://www.dinga.com.au/wft-gliss-monotex-hybrid-fishing-line-series-white-translucent-glissc.html

Should be good has held up fine for me so far I got 3 reels spooled up with it just make sure you tie good leader knots and check them to the line ties FG knots pretty well excellent casting distance and it’s pretty strong props caught around 25 fish combined on it now with the 13lb and 10lb.  Also found this on DINGA if someone needs a excuse for a new reel 

1C470CE0-7AFF-410B-8B6F-2F5DE39D7119.png

I just spooled approximately 450 metres onto a 4000 size reel. It is thin for its stated strength. The 24lb is more like an 8lb braid diameter which makes it a bit harder for me to tie knots. It pulled when tying an FG knot to itself to join the last 150 metres, so had to use a double uni. FG knot to leader was fine though.

Now to test it where it counts - on the water.

10 minutes ago, ellicat said:

I just spooled approximately 450 metres onto a 4000 size reel. It is thin for its stated strength. The 24lb is more like an 8lb braid diameter which makes it a bit harder for me to tie knots. It pulled when tying an FG knot to itself to join the last 150 metres, so had to use a double uni. FG knot to leader was fine though.

Should be good can’t wait to see what big guns you can test it on. I wish I could go up to Cooktown again and test the 10lb on pelagics so far it’s been great for me. Ever since I started spraying silicone spray on my line I’ve had zero issues with braid and gliss no wind knots and extra casting distance maybe something you can try. So far for me I give the cast distance 10/10 strength 10/10  overall handling of the line 10/10 haven’t had the fraying problem yet .when I caught the stingray the other day the gliss did suffer a bit of abrasion but didn’t snap which was good cause I was putting a lot of pressure on the stingray. Time will tell the overall performance of the line but so far it’s a 10/10 for me. So far it’s even preformed slightly better then J braid x8 but pretty Similar it terms of performance

10 minutes ago, ellicat said:

Yeah, I'm going to see how it goes without the silicone spray as casting distance isn't that important on a boat. Thanks for the idea.

Ok all good I mainly found it improved the performance of the line it’s a lot more manageable with silicon spray and less knotty but the standard Gliss isn’t that knotty I just prefer the silicon spray on it so I don’t have to worry about getting wind knots 

3 hours ago, Breaming with bro said:

Ok all good I mainly found it improved the performance of the line it’s a lot more manageable with silicon spray and less knotty but the standard Gliss isn’t that knotty I just prefer the silicon spray on it so I don’t have to worry about getting wind knots 

How do you apply the spray Bro?

1 hour ago, GregOug said:

How do you apply the spray Bro?

I grap one of my reels before I go for a fishing get some silicone spray and put light finger pressure on the spray can i have the spray can nozzle close up to the spool I then rotate my reel as I slowly do short sprays making sure the silicone spray only goes onto the line. Basically I just make sure all the line is coated in silicone spray on the reel spool while being careful not to get it anywhere else on my reel.

8 minutes ago, Hweebe said:

Is there any stretch in gliss line compared to braid? Would you say casting is it’s main benefit? I have copious amounts of braid stockpiled so not looking for another excuse to buy more fishing gear 😂

The spiel says it has lower stretch than braid. It is thinner than braid. It is the most abrasion resistant line.

9 hours ago, Hweebe said:

Is there any stretch in gliss line compared to braid? Would you say casting is it’s main benefit? I have copious amounts of braid stockpiled so not looking for another excuse to buy more fishing gear 😂

No it doesn’t stretch just like braid . It’s actually a myth that braid lines don’t stretch They do but not by much. It feels just like most x8 braids just a lot thinner for their breaking strain. I would’t say it’s the most abrasion resistance line. Like it says on the packet but it can handle some minor abrasion  

16 hours ago, ellicat said:

Dont know why the FG slipped ??, never has done for me . Try the SC knot which i find quicker and neater if done correctly with at least twenty to twentyfive turns.

Comes out neat also. 

Someone mentioned abrasiveness with Gliss ?? and from my experience compared to other braids i have to admit it doesnt hold up as good as some others in that arena though i do class the Gliss among one of my favourites..

Just my thoughts is all.

The spiel

from the packaging -

"WFT GLISS KG features maximum strength, highest abrasion resistance and extreme suppleness for the longest of casts. WFT GLISS KG delivers stretch lower than any other braided line and will replace monofilament, even in thinnest diameters."

on the spool -

"Super sensitive monotex shooting line. No stretch. Low friction for record casting. Extra thin. Super smooth. No memory. Semitransparent.Highest surface smoothness."

1 hour ago, Volvo said:

Dont know why the FG slipped ??, never has done for me .

Just to clarify - the FG only slipped when tying Gliss to Gliss (23 turns). Tying to fluoro it was fine.

I'll have to give the SC a go. Thanks

Here's the spiel from Dinga's site -

"WFT Gliss KG Monotex fishing line in White Translucent colour seems to surprise every angler who tries fishing with it, generating comments like: "That's the best casting line I've ever used." "I can't believe it makes so much difference." "That really does cast further." "I've never cast that far before."

Gliss KG fishing line combines Japanese raw materials with German precision in a revolutionary new fishing line that is an almost mono-braid hybrid, for want of a better description. GLISS KG fishing line from German tackle company WFT has the slickness of mono, thinner diameters and better strength than braid, plus better casting performance than both.

GLISS KG fishing line is a third-generation line that, like top quality braids, is made from 100 percent Japanese PE fibres. However, where GLISS KG differs is that it is not braided, it is instead extruded into an almost perfectly round shape and uses different material treatments and coating processes developed to combine the best traits of mono and braid into one ultra-performance line that, among other attributes, will certainly improve your casting distance. The slick and smooth outer coating of GLISS KG fishing line resembles monofilament and because the PE fibres are compressed much more during GLISS KG production than in braid manufacturing, it achieves a thinner line with a much higher breaking strain at the same denier rating.

GLISS KG fishing line also retains its round shape during a fish fight or retrieval much better than braid, which flattens considerably as braid passes through your top guide, which in turn affects your next cast. It is interesting to note that each GLISS KG diameter line is designed specifically for that line class, rather than just adding more fibres, as is the case with braid.

The GLISS KG coating designs are also specific to each line class, making a total of five different processes used to create each line. This computer-optimised production process ensures that you can rely on the accuracy of the technical specifications, which is important for lines of small diameter. For example, you can trust that every spool of the 4kg GLISS KG line has a diameter of precisely 0.10mm.

GLISS KG fishing line has less stretch, at around 2 percent, than any braided PE line, yet it retains the braid-like flexibility with no memory, has extremely low diameter-to-line-class ratios and provides excellent sensitivity.

Other GLISS KG attributes include a very high dimensional stability and low water absorption, so it will pack neatly onto your spool, producing a perfect winding contour after each cast. This combines with the smooth coating, line flexibility and thin diameter to deliver performance-enhanced casting distance that actually improves even further when wet. Other advantages include exceptional UV resistance, extreme tensile strength, impressive abrasion resistance and a highly colourfast finish. Like with braid, it is advised you use good knots, and then simply enjoy casting further and catching more fish with WFT GLISS KG Monotex fishing line."