What is the best Saltwater-proofed 60w Trolling motor there is?

lonesky1

Goodday! I've just joined up! SO, I'm totally new here & I DON'T even know IF I'm in the right Forum/section for this topic. I just bought myself a brand-new 2-seater 3.7m kayak & now I'm in the market for a 60 lb. (thrust) trolling motor. [I'm real eager to start my fishing "adventure" sometime soon!.  IF I'm NOT in the "correct" dept. here, please advise.

I  was looking at a STRIKER 60 lb thrust motor, with some rather decent electronics [incl. 5 forward speeds, 3 reverse speeds,  screen monitor for amount of battery charge left, etc. However, when I read the several reviews, I started having some reservations.  M7y sue is exclusively salt/sea water. More of the reviews (than not) indicate a problem with quick, early rust of metal parts. 

DOES anyone know about this?? IF this is all true, IS there any comparable Trolling motor (with pricing comparable in terms of power, features, etc.) that does NOT the SAME rusting problem(s)?

THANXX for anyone's experience/expertise/insight!  Much appreciated,

Lone

a 60 lb motor is way too powerful for a yak plus you would need a 100a/h battery to power it so you would have extra weight . Plus the spare parts are non existent not even a spare prop available and no australian distributor.Also look hard at the specifications for the strikers and similar chinese motors as they do not recommend running them at full power for extended periods. I burnt out an armature on a 60lb striker after only 4 hours use.Look at a 24 lb watersnake which is very popular as a yak motor and the have great after sales service, A fair bit up in the price range would be a minnkota or a motorguide .Haswing are quite good but some of their spare parts are very slow to arrive from china but the distributor is helpful.

Edited by rayke1938