New shimano nasci/sedona

Brodie_S

I’m thinking shimano are bringing out a new nasci and sedona just like i theorised as they are 4 years+ old now .

Daiwa brought out a bunch of new reels to they seem pretty interesting it also seems they don’t use as much labelling anymore lol daiwa had a label for almost every part of the reel before like for their special line clip and also their added gear support silent oscillation and also their CRBB

3898AF2D-D74D-4750-9536-549B4D24762E.png

This is getting crazy shimano brought out 2 new twin powers so their are now 4 different twin powers to buy lol the twin power XD the twin power FD the twin power 21XD the twin power SWXD there is another product release on the 8th of feb so they are props gonna release more reels along with rods and other things

3E63CCFD-589D-4F3A-8D23-54769B5B064F.png

DA37C957-F572-4482-A997-BE05A8E35D56.png

11 minutes ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

What's the stats on the 'Twin Power' reel Bro? High end, average? Good (from what you've heard)?

Or if anyone has owned one?

Just never heard of it, haha.

Really lol I’ve never used one myself so I can’t comment on it’s basically just like a JDM version of the Stradic FL the 2019/2020 model anyway I don’t really know what the new 2021 models are like 

2 hours ago, ellicat said:

@Old Scaleyhas had a Twin Power for quite awhile.

Yep, I have an older model that I bought second hand from a member on this site, probably 10 years ago. Still going strong, except the drag clicker doesn’t work any more and I have already replaced that once so it is staying silent. And the handle knob dissolved a few years ago and replacement handles are crazy expensive. So I don’t use it too often anymore. My understanding is that they are a high end reel for Shimano, dearer than the Saragosa  but cheaper than the Stella. Heaps of drag available.

Edited by Old Scaley

11 minutes ago, Old Scaley said:

Yep, I have an older model that I bought second hand from a member on this site, probably 10 years ago. Still going strong, except the drag clicker doesn’t work any more and I have already replaced that once so it is staying silent. And the handle knob dissolved a few years ago and replacement handles are crazy expensive. So I don’t use it too often anymore. My understanding is that they are a high end reel for Shimano, dearer than the Saragosa  but cheaper than the Stella. Heaps of drag available.

Sounds good Steve, they seem like a nice reel. Thanks for the tip off about them everyone. One day in the nearer future I'll be looking for a reel around the Saragosa price range for flicking more lures for threadies and live baiting too.

Cheers Hamish

TwinPowers used to be 1 step below a Stella. Not sure if shimano has brought anything in between in the last few years. Maybe the vanquish?

Ive only got a 1000 twingpower mg and rarely use it since its meant to be freshwater only and ive got it spooled with that silly 2lb flouro. Unfortunately, if i was going to buy new, i would just buy a stella. But if a bargain new or 2nd hand twinpower turned up, i would buy it.

36 minutes ago, Do$tylz said:

TwinPowers used to be 1 step below a Stella. Not sure if shimano has brought anything in between in the last few years. Maybe the vanquish?

Ive only got a 1000 twingpower mg and rarely use it since its meant to be freshwater only and ive got it spooled with that silly 2lb flouro. Unfortunately, if i was going to buy new, i would just buy a stella. But if a bargain new or 2nd hand twinpower turned up, i would buy it.

I’ve heard a lot of people say that they prefer the vanquish over the Stella FJ if you’re looking around I’m pretty sure the vanquish is one step down the Stella 

19 hours ago, Breaming with bro said:

I’ve heard a lot of people say that they prefer the vanquish over the Stella FJ if you’re looking around I’m pretty sure the vanquish is one step down the Stella 

Probably still is unaffordable for me. Especially seeing I’m looking my savings for a 3.8M hull, new motor, Minn Kotta, etc. Lol.

7 minutes ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Probably still is unaffordable for me. Especially seeing I’m looking my savings for a 3.8M hull, new motor, Minn Kotta, etc. Lol.

Yeah I wouldn’t even buy a reel at that price point TBH I don’t think it’s worth it . Most mid range reels $270-400 these days especially the ones that are coming out from the 2019 to now period are excellent for their price and preform amazingly. Stradic vanford daiwa BG MQ and daiwa’s new $300 reel can’t remember the name. Should all be good enough for most fishing applications the only reason I think a $1000 reel is justiciable is when it  needs excellent water proofing like a van stall or strength Like a Shimano stella SW or a daiwa Saltiga or if you can honestly afford to buy $1000 reels  but for me I’ve had no issues with my Stradic and it’s been through a lot and I caught fish I shouldn’t have for it’s small size 

Also I found out Shimano are bringing out a new ultergra the 17 ultergra was removed from Shimano’s website and there is no info of the new Ultegra coming out...... in Australia that is I found out they are bringing out a Ultegra from a non Australian source that is also how I found out they were bringing out the vanford to