ellicat

Thanks for setting up the NRL comp again e/cat  I`m signed again... 🙂

Storm, Bunnies, Panthers ??? (personally' I think last year with that roster was their 'do or die' year') appear to be the top contenders going into 2021... with maybe the Roosters cycling down?.....

then again, I could be completely off, and just comfortably numb on my meds 😋

On 04/02/2021 at 9:28 AM, ellicat said:

Tipping comp is up and running. You should all have received an invite via the email you used to sign up last year. If you're new let me know and I'll send you the PIN for the "AFO 2021 NRL" tipping comp.

Just click here to sign up -

https://tipping.nrl.com/comps/join?code=39AWULUW

All members welcome.

This year's celebrity tipster is Steve Renouf.

First game this Thursday. Get 'em in and if you haven't already, join the comp.

13 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Managed to join - although it didn't want to let me join up as kmcrosby78 (said that username was already used ..... yes, by me .....) so instead I am now kcros58 ....... (I feel like I've aged 20 years ....... 🙄). 

No. You’re twenty years younger. And you probably couldn’t join because I told them to ban you from the comp. Didn’t know you’d find a work-around.

2021 season is ready to go.... good luck tippers

Nrl 2021 draw:  https://www.sportingnews.com/au/league/news/2021-nrl-draw-full-fixture-list-state-of-origin-magic-round-rugby-league/4nxdxct50qy117sar1j2r9teq

The season will see the return to normality at this stage with the traditional Easter and ANZAC fixtures, Magic Round, regional games and the return of Origin to the middle of the year.

The Warriors and the Storm will also open their seasons at home, although developments to the COVID-19 pandemic, will be monitored

for the Bronco tragic`s.... 

Of the 2020 top eight, the Broncos face the Panthers, Storm, Eels and Roosters – the 2020 top four — the Rabbitohs, the Knights and the Sharks twice.

The side will also have just four games against the bottom four teams, playing the Cowboys twice.

The NRL also revealed that the Broncos, will also have seven of the first eight games on Channel 9.

2021 State of Origin

Game I: Wednesday 9 June Melbourne Cricket Ground, VIC

Game II: Sunday 27 June Suncorp Stadium, QLD

Game III: Wednesday 14 July Stadium Australia, NSW

ROUND 1

Eskimo AEDT times listed… AEDT ends 3.00AM 4th April... Qlders, check TV guides etc for Qlder kick off Times

Thursday, March 11

Storm vs Rabbitohs, AAMI Park, 8.05pm

Friday, March 12

Knights vs Bulldogs, McDonald Jones Stadium, 6pm

Broncos vs Eels, Suncorp Stadium, 8.05pm

Saturday, March 13

Warriors vs Titans, Mt Smart Stadium, 3pm

Roosters vs Sea Eagles, SCG, 5.30pm

Panthers vs Cowboys, Panthers Stadium, 7.35pm

Sunday, March 14

Raiders vs Tigers, GIO Stadium, 4.05pm

Dragons vs Sharks, Netstrata Jubilee Stadium, 6.15pm

Warriors are playing/staying in Australia for now due to some Covid outbreaks in NZ. This weekends game is at Central Coast Stadium. They will be based in Oz until at least June 21. 

https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/03/06/warriors-to-be-based-in-australia-until-june-21/#:~:text=The Warriors have announced they,Dragons on Friday%2C July 2.

21 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Warriors are playing/staying in Australia for now due to some Covid outbreaks in NZ. This weekends game is at Central Coast Stadium. They will be based in Oz until at least June 21. 

https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/03/06/warriors-to-be-based-in-australia-until-june-21/#:~:text=The Warriors have announced they,Dragons on Friday%2C July 2.

Thank you good Sir 🙂    not only should I have proof read before posting round 1... I should have copied+pasted the round, from the above link I posted 
Cental Coast Stadium is in Gosford for any wondering... I think 🙄

OK leave him in, unless of course @GregOug, @Drop Bear and @Old Scaley are scared of losing to a 6 year old .... 🙂.

Oh and @Drop Bear, look at the ladder, our beloved Broncos are coming 2nd ......... 

NRL Telstra Premiership
Pos Team   Won Pts
1 Storm Storm 1 2
2 Broncos Broncos 0 0
3 Raiders Raiders 0 0
4 Bulldogs Bulldogs 0 0
5 Sharks Sharks 0 0
6 Titans Titans 0 0
7 Sea Eagles Sea Eagles 0 0
8 Warriors Warriors 0 0

3 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

OK leave him in, unless of course @GregOug, @Drop Bear and @Old Scaley are scared of losing to a 6 year old .... 🙂.

Oh and @Drop Bear, look at the ladder, our beloved Broncos are coming 2nd ......... 

NRL Telstra Premiership
Pos Team   Won Pts
1 Storm Storm 1 2
2 Broncos Broncos 0 0
3 Raiders Raiders 0 0
4 Bulldogs Bulldogs 0 0
5 Sharks Sharks 0 0
6 Titans Titans 0 0
7 Sea Eagles Sea Eagles 0 0
8 Warriors Warriors 0 0

I’m not scared of losing to a six year old KM. I’ve already resigned myself to it happening.

Ok, that`s Round 1 done and dusted......

Round 1 results

Thursday, March 11

Storm 26  vs 18

After 18+ season, does any one actually tip against the Storm, in Round 1?

Friday, March 12

Knights 32 vs 16 Bulldogs

Error riddled Dogs performance, and conceded too many penalties (5-0). Knights 18-10 half time.

Bronco`s 16 vs 24 Eels
Broncos 16-0 half time. Losing 3 players didn`t help their 2nd, 40 minutes effort, nor did giving away many ‘6 again’ calls….  In the 2nd 40, Parra got their act together and ran in 24 unanswered points to claim the 2 comp points

Saturday, March 13

Warrior`s 19 vs 6 Titans
Warriors 6-0 half time. Possession 49%... completion rate 91%.
first game of the season and the Warriors turned out with one of their best defensive efforts

Rooster`s 46 vs 4 Sea Eagles

Hmmm, what can one say….  who doesn`t love Manly getting thrashed?

Panther`s 24 vs 0 Cowboys
Panthers 8-0 half time
Cowboys possession 39% - 61%... completeion rate 59%- 66%

Sunday, March 14

Raider`s 30 vs 12 Tigers

For most teams it always proves hard to beat the Raiders their home ground. interesting stats for this game;

half time 6-6.

Possesion Raiders 49- 51%. Completion rate Raiders 68-76%. Effective Tackles Raiders 87-88%. Errors Raiders 14-13. Most of the other stats, Average set distance Raiders 36-34, kicks, penalties Raiders 5-6…
By the stats the main difference was, the Tigers saved most of their mistakes for the 2nd half, and eventually got run over.

Dragon`s 18 vs 32 Sharks, Netstrata Jubilee Stadium, 6.15pm

Half time Sharks 14-0
Result was expected by most tippers… high error count for the Dragons, the constant tackling practise they endured may hold them in good stead for playing lower teams this season.

36 minutes ago, Drop Bear said:

with the broncos, cowboys and titans loosing their first rounds its gonna be a wooden spoon sort of tipping year for me for sure....

How Dare You Say "Again"!

Loser GIF

Yep, it is going to be a long year for us Qld diehards @Drop Bear. I have the added complication that I can’t tip the Sharks (the whole peptides, Gallen, FifIta, Flanagan thing). The Broncos showed plenty of promise and would have had a different second half with a full complement. The Titans looked like they were all introduced to each other right before kick off, but will improve. The Cowboys on the other hand were just aweful and heading for the spoon if they don’t do something fast. Great to see the footy back though.