ellicat

18 minutes ago, Old Scaley said:

Yep, it is going to be a long year for us Qld diehards @Drop Bear. I have the added complication that I can’t tip the Sharks (the whole peptides, Gallen, FifIta, Flanagan thing). The Broncos showed plenty of promise and would have had a different second half with a full complement. The Titans looked like they were all introduced to each other right before kick off, but will improve. The Cowboys on the other hand were just aweful and heading for the spoon if they don’t do something fast. Great to see the footy back though.

While I know the eels were slow to get out of the gate the Broncos looked pretty good for the first half and weren't terrible in the second. 

Some thinks to work on for sure. I don't see them being as bad as last year... They cant be... can they? 

Round 2

Eskimo times listed… AEDT ends 3.00AM 4th April

Thursday, March 18

Eels vs Storm, Bankwest Stadium, 8:05pm

Friday, March 19

Warriors vs Knights, Central Coast Stadium, 6pm

Titans vs Broncos, Cbus Super Stadium, 8:05pm

Saturday, March 20

Bulldogs vs Panthers, Bankwest Stadium, 3pm

Sea Eagles vs Rabbitohs, Lottoland, 5:30pm

Cowboys vs Dragons, Queensland Country Bank Stadium, 7:35pm

Sunday, March 21

Tigers vs Roosters, Bankwest Stadium, 4:05pm

Sharks vs Raiders, Netstrata Jubilee Stadium, 6:15pm

3 hours ago, GregOug said:

I think the Broncos just need better attack. Oh, and defence. Apart from that they’re looking good.

the only `looking` the Broncos should be showing is for a working 2 halves combination, a seasoned full back, and a couple of seasoned value forward leaders.... sadly for the near future the powers that were allowed to be  spent a lot of future salary cap on ridiculous contracts to retain many, yet to be seen so called `future potential`, with no experienced talent kept to help their development on and off the field

Round 2 results

Thursday, March 18

Eels 16  vs  12 Storm
The track was a mudlark`s rating 8/9 heavy, wet, spongy with rain periods, at times heavy falls, adding to the heavy track.
Both sets of packs found the up the centre` grind taxing for the 80 minutes. The Storm over the years, are renowned for putting on points late in both halves during these grinding type of games.
IMO in the last 10-15 minutes of both halves the ball service from the Storm play the balls appeared to fall away, slowing the decisions/timings made in these attacking sets, giving the Eels defence valuable time to react and thereby dulling any opportunities the Storm were hoping to exploit.

Friday, March 19

Warriors 16 vs 20 Knights.
Even though the Knights appeared to control the majority of this game, the Warriors should have taken the 2 points with a couple of opportunities they did not take advantage of, and a couple of `iffy` ref/bunker calls….. such is footy

Titans 28 vs 16 Broncos
For a local derby this game didn`t rise to any great heights (I`m not a big Titans fan… they`re realistically a NSW team, permanently based in Qld)  and to be honest none was really expected…..
The Broncos again showed they could be dumb and woeful in both halves of a game, and the Titans showed their major impact players were ex Broncos Fifita, Wallace and Taylor.

Saturday, March 20

Bulldogs 0 vs 28 Panthers
What can one say?
some one should ring the pound next time the Dog`s are allowed out…..

Sea Eagles 12 vs 12 Rabbitohs
another Manly loss.... internally and externally I`m happy

Cowboys 18 vs 25 Dragons
hmmm. Ben Hunt and the Dragon`s didn`t beat the Cowboy, they beat themselves again… they lacked the willingness to step up and play to their rosters potential.
Hopefully now Hunt has the responsibility of captain, we will see him lift and play with the ability and consistency his is capable of….

Sunday, March 21

Tigers 6 vs 40 Roosters

{`Ahh rugby league, it`s a funny game!`}… Gus the goose
Tigers made a pre-`main show` imitated MGM lion yawn, then took advantage of the kiosk during intermission and post `main show`…

After the Tigers imitated MGM lion yawn, the Roosters did a red and white rebrand and turned themselves into `hot & spicy` disguised in smoothish original coating

Sharks 10 vs 12 Raiders
hmmm, lucky Raiders….Sharks were not unlucky…. Not good enough.

Eskimo times listed… AEDT ends 3.00AM 4th April

check your viewing guides for Qlder kick off times

Round 3

Thursday, March 25

Panthers vs Storm, Panthers Stadium, 8:05pm

Friday, March 26

Dragons vs Sea Eagles, WIN Stadium, 6pm

Rabbitohs vs Roosters, ANZ Stadium, 8:05pm

Saturday, March 27

Raiders vs Warriors, GIO Stadium, 3pm

Broncos vs Bulldogs, Suncorp Stadium, 5:30pm

Eels vs Sharks, Bankwest Stadium, 7:35pm

Sunday, March 28

Knights vs Tigers, McDonald Jones Stadium, 4:05pm

Cowboys vs Titans, Queensland Country Bank Stadium, 6:15pm

Me and the misses was talking about footy tips last night, she said Its funny I am doing good at footy tips but she knows the rest of u catch fish...... she’s bustin my balls cos it’s been a big dry run..... anyone keen to come for a fish in the port of brissi when I get back home from work I’ve got a 4.1 ally craft 

5 hours ago, Bood said:

Me and the misses was talking about footy tips last night, she said Its funny I am doing good at footy tips but she knows the rest of u catch fish...... she’s bustin my balls cos it’s been a big dry run..... anyone keen to come for a fish in the port of brissi when I get back home from work I’ve got a 4.1 ally craft 

Just tell her not all of us catch fish.

On 27/03/2021 at 1:42 PM, ellicat said:

Some good games this round, starting off with that cracker on Thursday night.

@Bood has taken the early lead in the tipping stakes, but there's plenty breathing down his neck for top spot.

Look for an upset on Sunday. 🧐

🐯

Probably should have tipped them Brian ......... 😆. On the plus side for you, they played alot better without Joey bludging for them ........

AEDT ends 3.00 AM  (THIS SUNDAY) 4th April

NOTE Thurs, Fri, and Sat listed kick off times are eskimoe times…AEDT
Sunday and Monday games are Qlder times…. AEST

Round 4

Thursday, April 1

Sea Eagles vs Panthers, Lottoland, 8:05pm

Friday, April 2

Bulldogs vs Rabbitohs, ANZ Stadium, 4:05pm

Storm vs Broncos, AAMI Park, 8:05pm

Saturday, April 3

Due to covid restrictions  both Saturday Qld games, Titans v Raiders and Sharks v Cowboys will now be played at Netstrata Stadium with new kick off times

Sharks vs Cowboys, Netstrata Stadium 5.15 PM

Titans vs Raiders, Netstrata Stadium , 7.45 PM

Sunday, April 4

Knights vs Dragons, McDonald Jones Stadium, 4:05pm

Roosters vs Warriors, SCG, 6:15pm

Monday, April 5

Tigers vs Eels, Bankwest Stadium, 4pm