ellicat

6 hours ago, Old Scaley said:

I can see another dismal round coming up for me and any other idiot that insists on tipping the 3 Qld teams. Having said that, the Broncos sit above the Storm on the ladder right now.🤪

Keep doing it mate, means that those of us who tip with our heads not our hearts have someone we can beat.

how could you seriously tip Brisbane to beat the storm... in MELBOURNE... 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

2 hours ago, benno573 said:

Here’s a question... are 2021 manly as bad, or potentially even worse than 2020 broncos? 

I don’t think they are that bad yet, but it will be a tight field for the spoon this year unless a few teams discover some form. Having said that, the Panthers are red hot. They look like a team that loves playing together and they have a real spark, while some teams look like they are just going through the motions. Team dynamics is an interesting thing.

5 minutes ago, ellicat said:

Haha. I had forgotten about that ankle tap from Papalii. Unbelievable from the big unit. Should be a good game tomorrow night. 

5 hours ago, benno573 said:

Here’s a question... are 2021 manly as bad, or potentially even worse than 2020 broncos? 

No, Manly are not in the same predicament at the moment as the 2020 Broncos....
Manly have the roster to be sitting around the lower middle of the present ladder, with injuries still to come back.
My take is, there is a lot of unhappiness among a severely affected `collateral damaged` roster going through another `Manly in-house` owners, board, coach power/sh!t fighting saga.''' once again, they do not have an open cheque book to buy their way out of their own mess.

2 hours ago, Old Scaley said:

Haha. I had forgotten about that ankle tap from Papalii. Unbelievable from the big unit. Should be a good game tomorrow night. 

this has the potential to be a `game of the round`, if both are on song. Only Thor and Odin know why, but the Titans have always been the Raiders `bogey side` They have a head to head winning history of Raiders 13 and Titans 12 and most of those have been hard fought, close matches.... if it was still being played at CBUS, I would already have the Titans locked in my tipping.... so for me it will be a late choice deciding; who`s in who`s out, weather forecast, and whether I can judge if Ricky has or has not taken his medication for his side line viewing. LOL

On 02/04/2021 at 6:10 AM, benno573 said:

Ok... consensus seems to be that manly aren’t as bad as the broncos were last year... So what about the cowboys??? That was another pathetic display last night, genuinely concerned that another qld team is on track for the spoon. 😬

3 hours ago, benno573 said:

Ok... consensus seems to be that manly aren’t as bad as the broncos were last year... So what about the cowboys??? That was another pathetic display last night, genuinely concerned that another qld team is on track for the spoon. 😬

I fear you are correct. If they turn things around this season, then Todd Payten is a genius.

On 04/04/2021 at 7:00 AM, benno573 said:

IMO. 2015 GF won by a loyal (in places ageing) hard working team. Thurston retired. cold hard business wise... end of 2016 season decisions should have been in place to start doing a big cull of veteran players and importing younger seasoned 'team' players in their place.... no longer did they need that team to meld around one player. They needed to rebuild a team to take them to a new era.

12 hours ago, Gad said:

IMO. 2015 GF won by a loyal (in places ageing) hard working team. Thurston retired. cold hard business wise... end of 2016 season decisions should have been in place to start doing a big cull of veteran players and importing younger seasoned 'team' players in their place.... no longer did they need that team to meld around one player. They needed to rebuild a team to take them to a new era.

Agree @Gad. A couple of other important factors are Michael Morgan's unlucky run with injury and Coen Hess's stalled development which hasn't helped.

here we go again.......

Round 5
all listed kick off times are Qlder times

Thursday, April 8

Rabbitohs vs Broncos, ANZ Stadium, 7:50pm

Friday, April 9

Warriors vs Sea Eagles, , Central Coast Stadium Gosford. 6pm

Panthers vs Raiders, Panthers Stadium, 7:55pm

Saturday, April 10

Titans vs Knights, Cbus Super Stadium, 3pm

Bulldogs vs Storm, Stadium Australia, Sydney, 5:30pm

Roosters vs Sharks, SCG, 7:35pm

Sunday, April 11

Tigers vs Cowboys, Leichhardt Oval, 4:05pm

Eels vs Dragons, Bankwest Stadium, 6:15pm

good bye John Morris, another scapegoated head coach sacrificed by another in denial `not us` board/administration...

Round 6

Thursday, April 15

Broncos vs Panthers, Suncorp Stadium, 7:50pm

Friday, April 16

Knights vs Sharks, McDonald Jones Stadium, 6pm

Storm vs Roosters, AAMI Park, 7:55pm

Saturday, April 17

Sea Eagles vs Titans, Glen Willow Regional Sports Stadium, Mudgee, 3pm

Rabbitohs vs Tigers, ANZ Stadium, 5:30pm

Raiders vs Eels, GIO Stadium, 7:35pm

Sunday, April 18

Dragons vs Warriors, Netstrata Jubilee Stadium, 2pm

Cowboys vs Bulldogs, Queensland Country Bank Stadium, 4:05pm

8 hours ago, GregOug said:

You have got to be kidding me. I go out drinking for the night and come back to check how my tips went. Manly 36 Titans 0. WTF! What happened?

Yes I got a shock when I looked that result up. Manly were always going to get a lift by having Turbo back but that’s a terrible result for a team who have (had?) top 4 aspirations!

Round 6  results

Thursday, April 15

Broncos 12  vs  20 Panthers

Hard fought game….. the Panthers `closing out` class finally kicked in to kill of the Broncos hope of an upset

Friday, April 16

Knights 26  vs  22 Sharks
Sharks got jousted and put to the sword…

Storm 20  v  4 Roosters

Storm keeps storming… Roosters injuries mounting…

Saturday, April 17

Sea Eagles 36  vs  0 Titans

Well…. after wins over the struggling Cowboys, under strength Knights, and very poor Broncos the Titans succumbed to the aroma of cow pats in the country air, and made Manly appear to be super-beings

Rabbitohs 18  vs  14 Tigers

Tigers purred, then snarled, then roared… then got skinned in golden point

Raiders 10  vs  35 Eels

Raiders were slimed and slithered all over

Sunday, April 18

Dragons 14  vs  20 Warriors

#@*)(^#@ Dragons #@*)(^#@ Warriors

Cowboys 30 vs  18 Bulldogs
bottom of the ladder shoot out or not, this game was on par with any other u/8’s match….

11 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Yes I got a shock when I looked that result up. Manly were always going to get a lift by having Turbo back but that’s a terrible result for a team who have (had?) top 4 aspirations!

wins over the struggling Cowboys, under strength Knights, and very poor Broncos...

early season draw can flatter some teams

Round 7

Thursday, April 22

Panthers vs Knights, Panthers Stadium, 7:50pm

Friday, April 23

Titans vs Rabbitohs, Cbus Super Stadium, 6pm

Eels vs Broncos, TIO Stadium, 7:55pm

Saturday, April 24

Sharks vs Bulldogs, Netstrata Jubilee Stadium, 5:30pm

Cowboys vs Raiders, Queensland Country Bank Stadium, 7:45pm

Sunday, April 25

Tigers vs Sea Eagles, Campbelltown Stadium, 1:45pm

Roosters vs Dragons, SCG, 4:05pm

Storm vs Warriors, AAMI Park, 6:15pm

12 minutes ago, Gad said:

Round 7

Thursday, April 22

Panthers vs Knights, Panthers Stadium, 7:50pm

Friday, April 23

Titans vs Rabbitohs, Cbus Super Stadium, 6pm

Eels vs Broncos, TIO Stadium, 7:55pm

Saturday, April 24

Sharks vs Bulldogs, Netstrata Jubilee Stadium, 5:30pm

Cowboys vs Raiders, Queensland Country Bank Stadium, 7:45pm

Sunday, April 25

Tigers vs Sea Eagles, Campbelltown Stadium, 1:45pm

Roosters vs Dragons, SCG, 4:05pm

Storm vs Warriors, AAMI Park, 6:15pm

Thanks for doing these each week Gad. It reminds me to put my tips in. Although, come to think of it ............