Seats —— are they structural or part of the vessels buoyancy

Bood

So guys a and gals, 

I want to pull all the alloy framing that was welded in by previous owner and possibly seats as well, I’m thinking bout full false floor with under floor fuel tank along with foam blocks to try n replace what’s lost from the seats..

even considered also getting local fabricator to weld flotation pods on the rear, can use as a step but also looking to increase engine from 40hp 2 stroke to 60 or 75hp upgrade..  but that’s another topic lol 😂 

I’m just not sure if the seats are part of the vessels integral structure or if it will effect the buoyancy. 

has anyone done something like this to a 4.1m tinnie

any info would be much appreciated

CF7AF52A-FD29-4163-B866-8E1F892FC157.jpeg

5 hours ago, Bood said:

So guys a and gals, 

I want to pull all the alloy framing that was welded in by previous owner and possibly seats as well, I’m thinking bout full false floor with under floor fuel tank along with foam blocks to try n replace what’s lost from the seats..

even considered also getting local fabricator to weld flotation pods on the rear, can use as a step but also looking to increase engine from 40hp 2 stroke to 60 or 75hp upgrade..  but that’s another topic lol 😂 

I’m just not sure if the seats are part of the vessels integral structure or if it will effect the buoyancy. 

has anyone done something like this to a 4.1m tinnie

any info would be much appreciated

CF7AF52A-FD29-4163-B866-8E1F892FC157.jpeg

Wouldn’t it just be cheaper, easier and safer to just buy another boat that better suits your needs?

Possibly but its a project im sure it would be cheaper, just like building a hot rod its the fun of the build and the pleasure at the end......  im not sure if im going to do it or if it will effect safety hence why im exploring options and waiting on communications back From Marine engineer on advice and options...

just thought id put it out there to see if others had done similar  

21 minutes ago, Bood said:

Possibly but its a project im sure it would be cheaper, just like building a hot rod its the fun of the build and the pleasure at the end......  im not sure if im going to do it or if it will effect safety hence why im exploring options and waiting on communications back From Marine engineer on advice and options...

just thought id put it out there to see if others had done similar  

No worries. Just giving an alternative viewpoint. 👍

IS the hull manufacturer still around if so contact them. I would assume that the seats are structural as there does not appear to be many ribs visible . What is the rated hp of the hull a 50% increase is a fair bit for the hull to handle and unless more reinforcing is applied to the stern you possibly could have problems with the stern cracking . Why do you wish to remove seats,? Also to install underfloor tank  be aware if you do not install in same place as your portable one it could affect the balance of the boat and they are a pain as you will now be locked into having to go to the servo to fill the tank.

1 hour ago, rayke1938 said:

IS the hull manufacturer still around if so contact them. I would assume that the seats are structural as there does not appear to be many ribs visible . What is the rated hp of the hull a 50% increase is a fair bit for the hull to handle and unless more reinforcing is applied to the stern you possibly could have problems with the stern cracking . Why do you wish to remove seats,? Also to install underfloor tank  be aware if you do not install in same place as your portable one it could affect the balance of the boat and they are a pain as you will now be locked into having to go to the servo to fill the tank.

Nah mate allycraft got brought out a fair while ago.... rated hp of the hull is 40hp 

wanted to remove the rear bench seat to convert to a slide console with forward controls instead of tiller steer

yea the fuel tank being underfloor is a potential for disaster I think I might just stick to the 2 fuel cells