Hello!

Licespray

Hey guys and gals,

I’m Troy, 29, been half heartedly fishing since I was about 10 and am still trying to pin down a hobby that keeps me going, always enjoyed fishing but like the concept of fly fishing so am here in the hopes of finding a teacher (how’s that for being straight forward?).

I’m a bit west of Toowoomba but hey happy to travel pretty darn far for meet ups and what not. Was thinking it would be fun to organise some social tilapia days in some public access areas of Brisbane and sorrounds. Could make a fun little contest out of it etc 😄

Anyways, hello!

Hey Licespray

Be careful of this new hobby of yours, you think Stellas are expensive 🙂

The rivers and creeks around Toowoomba are teaming with Carp (or as we like to say Mud Marlin, Feshwater Bonefish 🙂 and Cod if you know the right spots.

As for a teacher I'd thoroughly recommend joining a club. A mate and I started the Brisbane Fly Fishing club around ten years ago and it's still going strong. They have regular outings and now with COVID under check a bit they are slowly getting back to normal with monthly club nights (lots of fly casting gurus to help you out).

Give the current president  (Marcus) an email and he'll send you more info.

president @bffc.org.,au

Good luck, it's sooo much better than lure chucking and bait soaking..............INCOMING!!!!!

Norm

24 minutes ago, Nog said:

Hey Licespray

Be careful of this new hobby of yours, you think Stellas are expensive 🙂

The rivers and creeks around Toowoomba are teaming with Carp (or as we like to say Mud Marlin, Feshwater Bonefish 🙂 and Cod if you know the right spots.

As for a teacher I'd thoroughly recommend joining a club. A mate and I started the Brisbane Fly Fishing club around ten years ago and it's still going strong. They have regular outings and now with COVID under check a bit they are slowly getting back to normal with monthly club nights (lots of fly casting gurus to help you out).

Give the current president  (Marcus) an email and he'll send you more info.

president @bffc.org.,au

Good luck, it's sooo much better than lure chucking and bait soaking..............INCOMING!!!!!

Norm

Thanks, will send an email this arv 🙂

There’s actually been a couple of small cod caught here in the Myall Creek in Dalby these last few years. Great news to read, used to just hear mostly of carp.

Edit: as for Stella’s..oh those Sages, eegads!

On 15/02/2021 at 10:15 PM, Licespray said:

Hey guys and gals,

I’m Troy, 29, been half heartedly fishing since I was about 10 and am still trying to pin down a hobby that keeps me going, always enjoyed fishing but like the concept of fly fishing so am here in the hopes of finding a teacher (how’s that for being straight forward?).

I’m a bit west of Toowoomba but hey happy to travel pretty darn far for meet ups and what not. Was thinking it would be fun to organise some social tilapia days in some public access areas of Brisbane and sorrounds. Could make a fun little contest out of it etc 😄

Anyways, hello!

G'day LIcespray and welcome to the forum. 🙂

On 16/02/2021 at 8:38 AM, Licespray said:

Thanks, will send an email this arv 🙂

There’s actually been a couple of small cod caught here in the Myall Creek in Dalby these last few years. Great news to read, used to just hear mostly of carp.

Edit: as for Stella’s..oh those Sages, eegads!

Don't get me started on my Sage's.....and don't start looking at reels, like Harfin (Aussie made),which are pieces of art.  [I only have two so far :)]

Do I sound like a tackle junky?