Simrad NNS to 2008 Yamaha f100

Brucey80

28 minutes ago, Brucey80 said:

No it is not currently, the only connection from the outboard goes directly to the gauges

Okay. I should have been clearer. 

Do the guages have an nmea2000 outlet on the back of them? It will be clearly marked. 

e.g. My mercury vesselview has an nmea2000 outlet on the rear of the unit. It is it's own outlet separate from the engine harness outlet. This outlet is connected into the backbone via a connection lead and an additional T piece extension added to the backbone. 

My garmin head unit has nmea2000 outlet on the back. This is also connected to the backbone via a connection lead and T piece. 

Now my engine will display data on my Garmin head unit. 

There doesn’t seem to be a NMEA outlet on the back of the gauges. The cables behind the gauges are an absolute mess with all the joins it goes to. I am guessing that is just the Yamaha command link? If I take the Yamaha interface cable from the outboard connection (I believe this is the blue and white connection that just has a capping plug inserted into it?) to the NMEA 2000 backbone bang in a T piece. This should in theory connect my outboard my sounder? 

1 hour ago, Brucey80 said:

There doesn’t seem to be a NMEA outlet on the back of the gauges. The cables behind the gauges are an absolute mess with all the joins it goes to. I am guessing that is just the Yamaha command link? If I take the Yamaha interface cable from the outboard connection (I believe this is the blue and white connection that just has a capping plug inserted into it?) to the NMEA 2000 backbone bang in a T piece. This should in theory connect my outboard my sounder? 

As long as the sounder is connected to the backbone as well. 

I'm assuming Yamaha have a cable to connect you motor from their connector to the nmea system. 

Cable

000-0120-37 seems to be the part number.