Josh1992

Hi all 

yesterday I tried fishing the lowood bend area of the Brisbane river and downstream from that in a yak from around 2pm through to 6pm. I only caught one bass-30-35cm whilst trailing a deep diver and that was it! I also tried a cicada lure from 5pm with no success. 

I also fished this area last week using the same lures (divers and cicada) and caught a large fork tail catty on the cicada. 

the area looks super fishy with loads of snags and plenty of water. On both occasions it was very hot and humid so the fish should be firing. 
anyone had much luck around this area? And if so what have you caught and on what? 
thanks 

44599F38-94FF-4556-B4C9-A928DE038267.jpeg

340D0CB5-B402-4767-A3BE-0A8800A9476F.jpeg

A42E190E-3126-47A4-AEE8-DA445F5DE479.jpeg

F160B037-73BE-41B9-ADB4-70BB0D81123A.jpeg

Hey Josh

Good work on the bass. It's something my Dad and I tried for - 

First ever trip -> Live Shrimp out the back -> Stopped in some snags -> Reel Screaming -> Big Something Jumps out on the end of my line -> Ping goes the line -> One very, very angry me! 😉 

We mainly fished around the Fernvale stretches (I think the furthest we went up was 5KM). I chatted to someone at Anaconda a while ago and he said Purple Spinnerbaits on a minimum of ten pound leader were his go to for biggun bass.

Cheers Hamish

• 2 years later...
On 28/02/2021 at 8:32 AM, Josh1992 said:

Hey mate, it can be a challenging river to fish. The past month the river from savages up to the dam wall has been on fire. Not many big bass, i belive they got raped at the dam wall and mt crosby weir, none the less still pull around 30 bass on a good day and a couple good sized yellas too. Paddle up from savages towards twinnies u will find running water, they love it.