Relocating To FNQ From Broome WA

Meeuwissen

Hey Everyone my name is Josh and currently in Hervey Bay heading further north To Port Douglas i have just found this site and hoping to meet as many fishos as i can along fhe way.

Got a camper and a small tinny for now and cant wait to explore this side of Australia.

Especially the GBR 

I have done alot of WA and it has been fun speaking to people at jetties and boat ramps learning the locals fish names. 

I hope i can contribute and learn from people along the way.

IMG_20210215_180645_792.jpg

Welcome to the forum. Are you permanently relocating to Port Douglas or are you just doing an extended road trip holiday? Unfortunately the further north you go the less you will be having fun as in the above pic, at least from the mainland shores, out on the Islands won't be so bad. Pretty much north of Rocky, it will be the same as Broome, with Irukandji and Box jellys and the usual short legged, long nosed river dogs being the main concerns. Hervey Bay is a nice place to visit and stop for a little while.

Welcome to the forum @Meeuwissen.  That family photo looks like Brunswick Heads - lovely spot. If you are looking for a spot to try with your tinny in Hervey Bay, try Gatakers Bay up the northern end of the Bay. Good protection from any wind with south in it and you don’t have to go far to find coral bommies that can hold reasonable reef fish at times. Not GBR fishing, but easy in a small boat.  Good luck with the job search in Port Douglas. That is another lovely spot. Not a lot there except tourism which will be slow until the international borders reopen.