jindalee two lined tongue sole

pinkey

Went down to the jindalee boat ramp early thismorning to test out my new 12footcastnet. Very few prawns around only got about 3, a couple of tiny mullet around 5cm ( which i almost landed a shark on ) some sort of biddy and this thing... I didnt catch it, this man came down and said he castnets there all the time ect and gave me tips, and he had a throw of the net and caught a two lined tongue sole, thanks for the ID mackmauler :P. just wondering if anyone else has caught one of these suckers. he was only about roughly 10 - 15cm or so and was released ofcorse. Just thought id post it up.

two lined tongue sole

[img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/DSC05642_AFO.jpg

post-1500-144598434881_thumb.jpg

:huh: Sorry Angus, but thats the first Sole I've ever seen look like that.

soleAFO.jpg

This is the type I'm used to. I useually tell the differance by the tail fins.

FlounderAFO.jpg

Flounder fins stop before the tail sooner. This may only be the case with what I've caught:huh: Both Sole and Flounder are speard back in Tassie.;)

Hope this helps.

Oh and thats a trippy looking Sole mate. A first for me, Again never seen em look like that. Thanks for posting that pic. Karma when I can.

Jayson

yeh that was really weird me and tim have never got one before a bit off the subject but some bloke came down and had a few casts and got like 1 of our 3 prawns for the whole session ;)there was also about a 20-30cm catfish in the net after a while of him trying to get it out with a lot of cursing he lobbed it hard all the way into the park :huh: he turned to me and said \"THATS WHAT I DO TO THEM\" i dint say anything bad to him because he looked quite agressive at that moment not a bad bloke but i dont think he likes catfish to much:lol:

pinkey wrote:

Went down to the jindalee boat ramp early thismorning to test out my new 12footcastnet. Very few prawns around only got about 3, a couple of tiny mullet around 5cm ( which i almost landed a shark on ) some sort of biddy and this thing... I didnt catch it, this man came down and said he castnets there all the time ect and gave me tips, and he had a throw of the net and caught a two lined tongue sole, thanks for the ID mackmauler :P. just wondering if anyone else has caught one of these suckers. he was only about roughly 10 - 15cm or so and was released ofcorse. Just thought id post it up.

two lined tongue sole

[img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/DSC05642_AFO.jpg

Yeah mate its a Lemon Tongue Sole, from the sole family is olive/brown to light brown and white underneath grows to around 38cms found on sand to mud patches, and will take a prawn, yabbie, or worms. Good eating.

Archived