Tingalpa creek mud flats

JosephFarley

1 hour ago, JosephFarley said:

With a 24 and a 28cm Whiting I was pretty stoked.

Nice one mate. 

I love walking out at low tide from where the pelican sculptures are. 

YOu would need a flood there to change water height so don't be put off. The water quality and clarity might vary but I reckon it will bring all the fish to the mouth of the creek so worth a shot. 

How do you fish it? 

22 minutes ago, Drop Bear said:

Nice one mate. 

I love walking out at low tide from where the pelican sculptures are. 

YOu would need a flood there to change water height so don't be put off. The water quality and clarity might vary but I reckon it will bring all the fish to the mouth of the creek so worth a shot. 

How do you fish it? 

Thanks mate. I also walk out from the pelican thingo and fished the spot just to the right of the channel marker that you see when you look out at from the park. I use live yabbies on a size 1 long shank, roughly a 60cm trace and to a swivel and a small sinker. When I was there I also got a few squire, a couple grunter and some other undersized Whiting. But probably the coolest thing that happened when I was there was a massive flatty smash up some bait just in front of me. He was bigger than my best flatty (74) so maybe around the 80 mark. If you could let me know how you fish it/ what fish you have pulled from the creek I would appreciate it. Thanks 👍

18 minutes ago, Another Wazza said:

There’s always a good chance of a flatty there, 3” or 4” plastics work well, paddle or curl tails, pepper your casts out the front of the drains off the flats as the tide recedes, sometimes the weed can hamper your efforts though

Thanks mate, I love my fishing but I'm a lazy fisherman (bait fisho) if you have tips on bait fishing there that would be great.

Hahahaha, all good man, I used to cart the full kit, yabbie pump, bucket, and pvc pipe rod holder out over the flats, then I got lazy and just starting taking a small backpack with some plastics etc.

The humble pilly may coax a lizard?, as long as he gets to it before the hoards of undersized Bream.

Your fishing the right section though, anywhere along that bend can get you some nice whiting.

31 minutes ago, Another Wazza said:

Hahahaha, all good man, I used to cart the full kit, yabbie pump, bucket, and pvc pipe rod holder out over the flats, then I got lazy and just starting taking a small backpack with some plastics etc.

The humble pilly may coax a lizard?, as long as he gets to it before the hoards of undersized Bream.

Your fishing the right section though, anywhere along that bend can get you some nice whiting.

Thanks for the tips mate, much appreciated. 🤙🎣

18 hours ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

I'm glad you had some good success Joseph. The only thing the rain would affect would be the water clarity - it'd have to be heaps to go higher tides I think. I've heard of small trevally caught there too.

Best of luck.

Cheers Hamish

Thanks Hamish, it's a really nice place to be fishing too as it's pretty quite. You should give it a go.

Cheers Joseph

On 18/03/2021 at 10:19 AM, JosephFarley said:

Thanks mate. I also walk out from the pelican thingo and fished the spot just to the right of the channel marker that you see when you look out at from the park. I use live yabbies on a size 1 long shank, roughly a 60cm trace and to a swivel and a small sinker. When I was there I also got a few squire, a couple grunter and some other undersized Whiting. But probably the coolest thing that happened when I was there was a massive flatty smash up some bait just in front of me. He was bigger than my best flatty (74) so maybe around the 80 mark. If you could let me know how you fish it/ what fish you have pulled from the creek I would appreciate it. Thanks 👍

Your rigs and method is spot on for yabbies on Whiting and flathead and that spot land based is good. This is my neck of the woods and if you have a boat or kayak the sandbank opposite in the middle of the creek is an even better yabbie bank.

7 hours ago, tugger said:

Your rigs and method is spot on for yabbies on Whiting and flathead and that spot land based is good. This is my neck of the woods and if you have a boat or kayak the sandbank opposite in the middle of the creek is an even better yabbie bank.

I'll have to take my kayak out there sometime and give it a crack, thanks for the tips. 👍