Do you manually input Fishing Marks into your sounder? What do you use to manage and store GPS data.

Hweebe

Hi All,

Picked up @GregOug old HDS-7 live and helping him get all his marks onto the new sounder.

This has got me thinking what Software or Apps are people using to save/backup/manage their fishing GPS marks.

I've used Google Earth, Insight Planner (no longer available), ExpertGPS.

Need something that works with Navionics maps (therefore Garmin Homeport is out)

Cheers

Hweebe

12 hours ago, Hweebe said:

Does either app allow you to view water depths / contours?

I don't believe so. GPSBabel allows you to dump the waypoints into a spreadsheet though. It also allows you to upload marks to a SD card, thus eliminating the need to do it manually. Also you can change the name of marks which is handy.

20 hours ago, Hweebe said:

Hi All,

Picked up @GregOug old HDS-7 live and helping him get all his marks onto the new sounder.

This has got me thinking what Software or Apps are people using to save/backup/manage their fishing GPS marks.

I've used Google Earth, Insight Planner (no longer available), ExpertGPS.

Need something that works with Navionics maps (therefore Garmin Homeport is out)

Cheers

Hweebe

Hi Hweebe,

Just use the Navionics Boating app on your computer. It shows you the same as you see on your sounder with the Navionics Platinum Plus card installed. You can add marks, delete them etc then download to a micro so card for transfer to your chart plotter.

cheers

Greg

On 18/03/2021 at 10:18 PM, Hweebe said:

Does either app allow you to view water depths / contours?

As you load your own charts in to OziExplorer, whatever depth contours the chart shows are there for you to see.  

Ozi EX was developed to use survey style maps... so its VG on those.