Trailer brake cable replacement

Hweebe

I replaced the cable a few years ago with the galv. cable and already thinking about replacing it again, will try and find the plastic coated cable next, apparently stainless cable isnot  recommended as stainless metal cable can fatigue and crack. Although thinking back mine might have been zinc plated rather than galvanized.

Yeah tough call on the cable replacement....seems differing experience from everyone. I may just treat this as something that requires preventative maintenance. Would like to understand if stainless steel wire has issues with fatigue breakages. Differing opinions on whether this is an issue when using for brake cables.

Thanks @marty after speaking to easytow (manufacturer) they also offered stainless as an option on their trailers, so stainless steel fatigue is not a concern under this application using for brakes.

Was told to source 5mm 7x19 304 stainless wire (more flexible). I will also purchase the new stainless steel clamps.

Thanks for everyones input.