Stradic ci4+FB 16 2500HG spool rubbing or touching rotor

Brodie_S

I recently bought a Stradic ci4+FB the 2016 model and gave it a good wipe down and took it apart to make sure it was in working order . After that the reel was excellent but whenever the spool gets low to the spool when I’m  reeling it in it makes a sound and I think it touches the rotor . It’s very minor and and barely noticeable and if I lean the reel slightly downwards it doesn’t do it but I was wondering if anyone knows how to fix this minor  problem/issue

Not 100% sure on this, but it might be a bearing that is faulty and needs to be replaced or else where the rotor assembly screws on, might be having  have an issue. I have hardly ever pulled a spinning reel apart as I mainly use overhead/baitcasters so don't have much experience with spinners. Did you notice if it was doing it before you pulled it apart 'cause if it wasn't you may not have put it back together properly.

Are all the washers under the spool there?

Sorry I can't be of more help.

26 minutes ago, Ed. said:

Not 100% sure on this, but it might be a bearing that is faulty and needs to be replaced or else where the rotor assembly screws on, might be having  have an issue. I have hardly ever pulled a spinning reel apart as I mainly use overhead/baitcasters so don't have much experience with spinners. Did you notice if it was doing it before you pulled it apart 'cause if it wasn't you may not have put it back together properly.

Are all the washers under the spool there?

Sorry I can't be of more help.

TBH it’s very minor so I don’t think I’m gonna do anything about it . It could have had the Issue before I pulled it apart or after i only started noticing it after I pulled it apart I’m %100 sure I put everything back together correctly though as everything is working like it should . It’s very minor and I only notice it when it’s quiet . It doesn’t effect the free spin or performance of the reel what so ever so I think I’m just gonna leave it . I will be replacing the bottom worm gear bushing for a bearing though and I might replace a few plastic bushings in the reel to make it a bit smoother and quieter. My guess is the bearing/bushing like you said it’s likely the bushing under the nut has gotten worn down over time because it’s plastic that’s my guess anyway . I could fish with it now and I’d still be happy but I’ll spend a bit of money on bearings to make it a bit nicer 

47 minutes ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

I hope you can find the issue Bro. Maybe another little bit in the reel was worn, or rubbing on something it shouldn't. 

Cheers Hamish

I’m now pretty sure it’s a worn down plastic bushing as it makes no difference in smoothness if I put my headphones in and put music on and spin the reel I feel no resistance or slowing down when the spool reaches the bottom so it’s likely a worn down plastic bushing and the noise is very minor when I’m fishing I’m not going to be able to hear it anyways I can only hear it when I’m in a quiet room . I will be replacing a plastic bushing or a few to make the reel smoother even though it’s already pretty smooth it could do with a new bearing instead of the old worn down plastic bushing on the worm gear