Mount Tamborine Fishing

AUS-BNE-FISHO

Hi all

Well this holidays my family's going camping at Mount Tamborine. 

My question is, is it worth packing the telescopic rod? A quick search bought up Ecopark, which provides fishing opportunities for a fair few fish (similar to Bli Bli Barra Park), but it is quite pricey and at best we'd only go there for a few hours 🙂. I google mapped the area and found the Coomera River was seemingly the closest river that looked public, and Wyaralong Dam was a fair bit West. 

I'm not asking for any secret spots, but does anyone know of a creek or another river that is public?

Any and all advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers Hamish

I don't think there is a lot of opions available up that way mate.  I'm sure there would be a population of fish in the coomera river, however, not sure what this would look like after the major flooding there a couple of weeks back.

I know you don't want to hear this... it may not be the best fishing type holiday...

Bass ,Bream,forkies upstream of the crossing at Stanmore road easy to launch your yak there. Also used to fish below the Luscome Weir but observe the no fishing zone below the weir. Depends on how much fresh in the river. All of the local creeks and headwaters of the logan are stocked with bass and MRC by the Logan and Albert stocking assn.

On 08/04/2021 at 3:31 PM, benno573 said:

I don't think there is a lot of opions available up that way mate.  I'm sure there would be a population of fish in the coomera river, however, not sure what this would look like after the major flooding there a couple of weeks back.

I know you don't want to hear this... it may not be the best fishing type holiday...

Hey Benno

Yep, I was thinking the same thing. I figured it may be worth asking - I'd still have fun even if I was just catching garfish!

On 08/04/2021 at 4:10 PM, rayke1938 said:

Bass ,Bream,forkies upstream of the crossing at Stanmore road easy to launch your yak there. Also used to fish below the Luscome Weir but observe the no fishing zone below the weir. Depends on how much fresh in the river. All of the local creeks and headwaters of the logan are stocked with bass and MRC by the Logan and Albert stocking assn.

Thanks for the tips Ray. I will check out options and see how far this is in relation to our campsite. Then hopefully make it there 🙂 

On 08/04/2021 at 4:40 PM, Dinodadog said:

I catch bass in Canungra, I have caught them beside the showgrounds and under the bridge in the main street.1/4OZ Spinnerbaits. Never caught much in the coomera they dont seem to get as far as Canungra.

Dino

Thank you Dino. Much aprreciated. Like Ray's spot I'll see how far it is from the location we are staying at, then hopefully be able to make it there!

Cheers Hamish 🙂