Sandies aplenty

kmcrosby78

15 hours ago, Ed. said:
15 hours ago, Ed. said:

Very nice haul, I take it everyone down at your place likes Sandies? 😀 

Yep, we are all quite partial to it. My brothers kids have enjoyed plenty of mud crab feasts as they’ve grown up around Rocky - they especially love  ‘Qld lollipops’ (big muddie claws).  My youngest loves them, the older one is not as keen. We were all gobsmacked at our newest nieces ability to inhale crab - at ten months old she kept going strong and appeared to get grumpy when her dad was too busy feeding himself and her supplies ran out ..... 🤪.

12 hours ago, Old Scaley said:

Holy crab feast, Kelvin. That is lot of crab to get through. Feel free to drop some over on your way to Hastings.

Thanks for your very kind offer to help us with our ‘predicament’ Steve ..... shame I only saw this once we got down here ...... 😂. You take advantage of the good weather yesterday?

8 minutes ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Thanks for your very kind offer to help us with our ‘predicament’ Steve ..... shame I only saw this once we got down here ...... 😂. You take advantage of the good weather yesterday?

No mate. Usually avoid the school holidays and weekends these days. Haven’t been for a fish since the Monday before Easter. I dropped the pots in down the port and got 3 monster sandies in the 2 hours I was out so there are some big boys around. Only fished the last 2 hours of the run in and first hour of the run out. Lots of fish on the sounder but turned out to be big and small catfish. Should be good in a week or so. Enjoy Hastings, lovely spot. 

On 10/04/2021 at 8:37 PM, kmcrosby78 said:

We were all gobsmacked at our newest nieces ability to inhale crab - at ten months old she kept going strong and appeared to get grumpy when her dad was too busy feeding himself and her supplies ran out ..... 🤪.

I have a similar problem with my wee one - I cannot shell prawns or crabs fast enough!

great hauls of crabs there mate, although using that many pots must be classed as cheating surely... 😂

On 10/04/2021 at 8:52 PM, Old Scaley said:

Only fished the last 2 hours of the run in and first hour of the run out. Lots of fish on the sounder but turned out to be big and small catfish

Bummer they were only catfish Steve. I've been having the same problem upriver lately - I catch some around the fifty mark and some around the fifteen mark! No bream, perch, or anything else. I'm back from camping now so I hope that the river has cleared and more desirable species (and some bait) might have come out.

Cheers Hamish