Hi everyone, just signed up!

Daichan

Hi everyone! 🙂

I’ve just moved to the Brisbane CBD from the Brisbane north side. Looking for places to fish using soft lures. I’ve used to fish around at Bald hills/Nudgee area but doesn’t have an access to those area anymore. 

I’ve saw that West end is a good place to fish using hard lures, but are there any other places that’s relatively close to the Brisbane CBD? I’d go to any places if I have car license, but I can only access to the fishing spots by catching public transport 😖 

Cheers,

Daichi

Yeah, I’ve gotta do bait fishing with my mates too so that helps a lot! But Jew and threadfin are too heavy for my gear (8lb leader)though. So my main targets are Tailor, Flatty and Bream.

Also, have you fished at Northshore Riverside park before? Seems like it has a beach too just like Merthyr park. It’s like 40 min ride on the ferry but seems ok on google map.

Heya Daichi. 

Welcome to AFO. There'll be lots of info you can dig up using the search function about fishing that section of the river. 

Personally, I'd aim around rock walls. Try with some little hardbodies with vibration in them, or little soft plastics. You will pick up Yellowfin Bream and Estuary Cod like this, with the odd chance of a flathead or Mangrove Jack. You probably won't get tailor at the CBD, but there's a heap of other good fish. 

Good video

Cheers Hamish

Thank you both of you, and sorry for the late reply!

Went to the Merthyr Park today for some flatty today but no luck. had some bite though, but not sure what it was. Definitely should of used bait instead of soft plastic here.  

Yeah I’ll try some small deep cranks around the rock area! I’m afraid of using soft plastics though, feels like it’s gonna snag a lot. 

Also, I've found a way to get to Sandgate area easily, so I’ll just use soft plastic over there😎

Bait & hard body in the CBD, soft plastic at Northside 👌