Local Knowledge

Dan K

Hi all.....

New to the site, and new to Brisbane. Can anyone help me out with a bit of local knowledge on possible land based jewie haunts up here. I have moved from Newcastle and fished exclusively for jew down there. I know local knowledge is important with this species, and would greatly appreciate any feedback.....

I might also be able to give tips on Newie jewie behaviour......

Best Regards

Dan

P.S. - If anyone is looking for someone to go for a fish and have a few beers with, let me know...

Dan,

Welcome to the site mate, cant help you with Jewies up here as I am pretty new in QLD myself. But I too have tackled Newie Jewies, pulling up 12kg fish out of 100m of water on an awesome charter I did out of Nelson Bay.

Look on the 'going fishing' noticeboard for people heading out and have a deckie spot going.

Welcome Dan K.

Here's a link showing some places for jew in the Jumpinpin area (Boat ramps at Jacobs Well and Cabbage Tree Pt)
/>http://www.nuggetfishing.com.au/images/NuggetsMap.jpg

There's also some places in the Brissie River and Logan River.

If you go into the Profile of \"Rayke1938\" then click on his forum tab then search Logan you should get a few hits of threads discussing where in the Logan.

Cheers and goodluck.

Also near the Pimpama boat towards the mouth a few guys have hit some bigguns there.

Mate, i'll definetly pick your brains about Jew fishing. Only mahaged to catch 1 so far, at the mouth of Norman creek, and im dying catch more!

After the BRC, I do a trade with you, Ill take you out on my tinnie in the river, for some of your legendary Newcastle Jew knowledge!:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I am coming from Victoria to Caboolture and Karana Downs with my 7m Whitley for Xmas. I would like help in available slip ways that I could launch my boat to do some fishing in these areas, in particular Caboolture. I know of a slip way at Karana Downs which will launch my boat at high tide, but fishing information on the river to it's mouth would also be appreciated.

Thanks, Ian

Ramp at kookaburra park ( accessed via end of Caringal drive ) is good for lainching at all stages of tide but would not recommend for retrieval for 2 hours either side of low as the end of tamp is steep.

Good fishing at immediate vicinity for shark, and threadfin anddbread and butter varities.Do a search through the ilder posts and you will glean a lot of local info. Will leave the northside guys give you the gos on caboolture ramps etc.

I assume what you call a slipway we call it a boat ramp.

Also welcome to the site.

Cheers

Ray

Hi Ian the ramp at spinker just befor Bribie Island about 15min from Caboolture will handle your boat on any tide or wind and give you easy access to the passage,the bay,the islands and the open water. Give us a call when you arive if you want any info or a guide as I would jump at the chance to check out your boat.:)

Archived