Dad Cleans Up!

AUS-BNE-FISHO

8 hours ago, Angry51 said:

The title had me thinking the old bloke

was cleaning out the shed.:yikes:

You had me fooled Hamish, but that's not hard to do.

Haha, normally he is the one cleaning up, but it was for the wrong reason yesterday.

48 minutes ago, ellicat said:

Nice success story, Hamish. Sounds like it was pretty fun to angle the tilly.

Cheers Brian. I think I will try and hook a few of my mates on to them, I'm having a birthday party next Friday night so we may be able to land some then 😄 (Birthday is tomorrow).

Cheers Hamish

3 hours ago, Jimmyjack said:

Plenty of people eat tilapia, fillet with crumbs in  oil or batter. 

Hey Jimmyjack

Maybe I’d try it one day, I’ve heard it’s supposed to be tasty, only problem is I don’t know how they’d go being eaten out of that pond... And it’s ‘illegal’. Lol

1 hour ago, Tuna are fish said:

happy birthday.  that talapia looks quite big what was the size on that, and also did you release it or dispose of it. 

Cheers! He was only about thirty seven, I know someone who has pulled fourty pluses out of there so he was not too big. I did state in the report he was binned after being caught too. 👍

1 hour ago, Drop Bear said:

Nice one mate. Tilly Busting is a great thing to do. Next spring they will fire up and be a lot easier to catch than they are right now. 

Thanks Robbie. I’ve heard they are easier to catch in hotter months too. 

Cheers Hamish

19 hours ago, ellicat said:

Happy birthday for tomorrow !

18 hours ago, Angry51 said:

Happy Birthday for tomorrow Hamish.

Hope all your fish bite at once.:ausflag:

10 hours ago, Old Scaley said:

Happy birthday Hamish.

5 hours ago, Ed. said:

Happy Birthday Hamish 🎂.

Thanks very much Brian, Gary, Steve, and Ed! I appreciate it 🙂.

10 minutes ago, ellicat said:

So, what did you score ?

Well, so far, a lightweight hiking tent, which I am very happy with, as it means I won't need to be borrowing a filthy one with broken poles from Scouts, haha, 300M of 15LB Braid, A high power head torch (will be handy for night fishing and hikes, and NightNavs, which is a night Rogaine I do once a week with a mate)...

And.

There is one more thing I am getting. I have no clue what it is, but it was supposed to arrive this afternoon, though somehow it ended up in Logan, so hopefully it will be here tomorrow! 🙂 

Cheers Hamish

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/05/2021 at 6:03 PM, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Well, so far, a lightweight hiking tent, which I am very happy with, as it means I won't need to be borrowing a filthy one with broken poles from Scouts, haha, 300M of 15LB Braid, A high power head torch (will be handy for night fishing and hikes, and NightNavs, which is a night Rogaine I do once a week with a mate)...

And.

There is one more thing I am getting. I have no clue what it is, but it was supposed to arrive this afternoon, though somehow it ended up in Logan, so hopefully it will be here tomorrow! 🙂 

Cheers Hamish

So Hamish, late Happy Birthday!  What arrived that was stuck in Logan?

23 minutes ago, Kat said:

So Hamish, late Happy Birthday!  What arrived that was stuck in Logan?

18 minutes ago, Drop Bear said:

Good pick up. hits refresh button.... bites nails. 

Right! Thanks Kat. 

*drumroll*

A Shimano Stradic 3000!!! I tried it last week and I love it, now to hook up to something that's not a catty 🙂