GregOug

2 hours ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

GO THE GREEN MACHINE!

Top job Greg. I am glad you have landed a huge fish on the boat, after lots of effort. I hope it tastes really good - tuna is supposed to be delicious!

If you don't mind me asking what rod and reel was he caught on?

Bummer that the other fish were just catties but the tuna surely makes up for it 🙂 

Cheers Hamish

What a good report to drop back in on... cracking longy Greg! There's still plenty being caught, but as the water cools they tend to stay down deep more often hence giving anglers a nice surprise. They can be a little tricky to target through the winter months but there are a couple of usual haunts 🙂

1.25m is usually either side of 20kg. It's a good one! 

I think persistence creates the best memories when that next good fish is finally caught. You won't forget that one! 

32 minutes ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Top job Greg. I am glad you have landed a huge fish on the boat, after lots of effort. I hope it tastes really good - tuna is supposed to be delicious!

If you don't mind me asking what rod and reel was he caught on?

Bummer that the other fish were just catties but the tuna surely makes up for it 🙂 

Cheers Hamish

Thanks Hamish. That’s a really good question. Just had to go and look. I have a few trolling outfits in the boat so wasn’t sure which one caught it. Anyway, it is a Shimano Aqua Tip 15-24kg with a roller tip. The reel is a Shimano TLD25. Line is braid. Not sure of strength, but probably 25lb.

13 minutes ago, samsteele115 said:

What a good report to drop back in on... cracking longy Greg! There's still plenty being caught, but as the water cools they tend to stay down deep more often hence giving anglers a nice surprise. They can be a little tricky to target through the winter months but there are a couple of usual haunts 🙂

1.25m is usually either side of 20kg. It's a good one! 

I think persistence creates the best memories when that next good fish is finally caught. You won't forget that one! 

Thanks Sam. Yes, it certainly helps to make up for all the dud trips. Your comment re them staying down deep makes sense. The lure was a deep diver.

3 hours ago, christophagus said:

What a ripper! That’s awesome, well done lads. I’ll backdate for the Suburbs of Origin hahaha 

Haha - classic. Let me guess, the unique symbol will be a gaff through the fishes nose ......... 🙃.

Cracking tuna there Greg, well done team!!  Been a long time now since I caught my only one (still my profile pic, should probably change that ....) but I remember pan frying (BBQing would work well too) with salt, pepper, olive oil and thyme - yum!!  Oh and obviously sashimi if that's your thing 🙂.

• 2 weeks later...