Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I’m in to .although I don’t know if I’m gonna manage to get much fishing time in as the closest decent fishing spot for me is 40-50 minute drive as the floods wrecked all my local spots damaged wharfs and jetties ruined water quality and many more issues basically ruined my whole river system  for at least a few months . Hopefully I can manage to get a fishing sesh in at the spot where I did my last report at

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/05/2021 at 7:42 PM, ellicat said:

I'm in.

 

On 18/05/2021 at 7:35 AM, Drop Bear said:

Im in. Sounds great mate. Thanks for putting this together. 

 

On 17/05/2021 at 6:59 PM, natang said:

I'm in but not sure how much time I'll get as weekends are out for me with care of mum and kids and a 900km return drive. So I will be limited to after school where. I can...

 

 

On 16/05/2021 at 10:50 PM, Breaming with bro said:

I’m in to .although I don’t know if I’m gonna manage to get much fishing time in as the closest decent fishing spot for me is 40-50 minute drive as the floods wrecked all my local spots damaged wharfs and jetties ruined water quality and many more issues basically ruined my whole river system  for at least a few months . Hopefully I can manage to get a fishing sesh in at the spot where I did my last report at

Hi Brian, Robbie, BwB, and natang. 

Thanks for joining the comp. I hope you all have a chance to fish 👍

On 17/05/2021 at 10:25 AM, christophagus said:

yeah Tailor is always a good winter species. good youre having this on this side of the snapper closure. ill be running the S.O.O comp on the other side of winter this time around

 

On 16/05/2021 at 8:06 PM, kmcrosby78 said:

Nice work Hamish, I'm in. Can I suggest you add Tailor as a species - popular winter target and very gettable for land-based anglers 🙂 

Seems this is a popular one - I think I will add it.

Cheers Hamish

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/05/2021 at 4:00 PM, Drop Bear said:

Yep +1 for Tailor.

Great winter species. 

Added. I don't think I will add any more fish though. Thirteen can be the lucky number!

23 hours ago, Old Scaley said:

Good on you Hamish. Count me in. Could the mulloway include the northern species (black Jew)? I am heading to Darwin in July and hoping to target these on a charter in Darwin Harbour. 

Hi Steve

Cheers. Yep, that's no worries. I've added them now. I hope you have a great trip to Darwin. How long will you stay up there?

31 minutes ago, GregOug said:

Thanks for organising the comp Hamish. I’m in. However, It is noted that you have omitted the three fish species I have caught this year - Tuna, Catfish and the mighty Deep Sea Toadfish. I totally understand however. You are from the southside, and hence concerned about the superior Northsiders dominating the comp. Best that the comp be rigged at the beginning to give you Southsiders somewhat of a chance.

cheers

Greg

p.s Don’t forget to send the secret symbol to all Southsiders now so that they can start catching and photographing fish before the comp starts, the same as happened in the S.O.O. 

Hi Greg

All good. Added you. 

Well... You must understand the thing is... us Southside anglers have found it very tricky to catch a catfish, sea toad, or tuna in recent times! 😉 

Cheers Hamish

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Added. I don't think I will add any more fish though. Thirteen can be the lucky number!

Hi Steve

Cheers. Yep, that's no worries. I've added them now. I hope you have a great trip to Darwin. How long will you stay up there?

Hi Greg

All good. Added you. 

Well... You must understand the thing is... us Southside anglers have found it very tricky to catch a catfish, sea toad, or tuna in recent times! 😉 

Cheers Hamish

Yeah, it takes an extraordinary amount of dedication, research and talent to specialise in those three!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/05/2021 at 3:29 PM, Kat said:

Where can the fish be caught Hamish?

I should have asked that before entering. Since it is Winter Classic I entered., I live in Childers. So fish Woodgate and Bundaberg. But come to Ipswich weekly so sometime head to Bribie Island. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/05/2021 at 3:29 PM, Kat said:

Where can the fish be caught Hamish?

 

1 hour ago, natang said:

I should have asked that before entering. Since it is Winter Classic I entered., I live in Childers. So fish Woodgate and Bundaberg. But come to Ipswich weekly so sometime head to Bribie Island. 

Hi Kat abs natang 

Sorry, first of all I’ve been hardly active lately, school is very busy at the moment so I really need to catch up on all the AFO. Like Greg said, it’s anywhere in Australia you can catch the fish! 
Cheers Hamish

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

 

Hi Kat abs natang 

Sorry, first of all I’ve been hardly active lately, school is very busy at the moment so I really need to catch up on all the AFO. Like Greg said, it’s anywhere in Australia you can catch the fish! 
Cheers Hamish

All good man I am a teacher so understand totally. This time in term is hectic.. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Thanks natang. I'm tracking well with all my assignments at the moment. Can't wait 'till hols in a little while.

Cheers Hamish

Two weeks to go after this one champ! Get those assessment items in. I'm in middle of assessing my students and writing reports. Count down is on! Back home to the switch for two weeks with my kids! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Previous Member
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...