Winter Fishing Classic

AUS-BNE-FISHO

18 hours ago, Kat said:

Flathead 

64cm (PB)

Coombabah Creek - from the land - ha ha on a yabbie after pumping them to fish from the boat today (couldn't help myself had to wet the line and now glad I did).

Was trying out a rod @GregOuggave me for the second time - she fought a real good fight but in the end lost the battle.

Team: Katfish 

IMG_20210705_163124_3.jpg

IMG_20210705_162620.jpg

Well done Kat that’s a very decent sized flathead you certainly won’t be forgetting that catch any time soon great job on flathead your certainty making good progress with your fishing well done.

30 minutes ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Good work Bro. No breambos off the breakwall?

Did get a few but they weren’t as big as the ones you got for this comp so I didn’t enter them I got a few silver trevs today which put a good fight I would have put them up for the Comp but they were just legel 29-30cm so I put them back the first one I got though was so big I couldn’t control it and it just went into the rocks and weed and couldn’t get it out 

16 hours ago, Breaming with bro said:

36cm ocean garfish not to be confused with pike or needlefish it is a actual garfish .caught on unweight bread off a breakwall in nsw . This fish is for category 13

296AE66C-5A0F-4803-A087-DFF56CCFA02B.jpeg

That's a good sized Gar! They are lots of fun to catch on light lines.  Well done - but we are waiting for you to live up to your online persona!  I know a spot where a young lad just caught about 6 Bream on a  110mm popper the largest being 46cm!  Might have to try that myself soon 😜

3 hours ago, Kat said:

That's a good sized Gar! They are lots of fun to catch on light lines.  Well done - but we are waiting for you to live up to your online persona!  I know a spot where a young lad just caught about 6 Bream on a  110mm popper the largest being 46cm!  Might have to try that myself soon 😜

Yeah that would be nice hopefully soon enough I can get a nice winter bluenose thks kat

On 13/07/2021 at 2:49 PM, Neil Stratford said:

Couple of fish  from South Bustard Reef  this morning .

0E921EC2-7592-44FD-B1AD-4A8A975B915A.jpeg

7AE9BA63-3796-44F0-8698-0F53CC1599DA.jpeg

28CF7061-F920-445C-A943-0CC76F87F7FF.jpeg

Hi Neil

Nice! The Chinaman is such a pretty fish! It's a shame they are poisonous to eat in QLD. You are currently holding the miscellaneous category 👍

5 hours ago, ellicat said:

Category 12 - Taylor.

36cm

20210714_144750.thumb.jpg.2af5f8e595d3dcfd0b8fe9f69bd31edb.jpg

Good fish Brian. Looks yummy!

Cheers Hamish

P.S. Sorry for not being that active lately, I will make sure to catch up on everything tomorrow everyone.

Cheers Hamish

On 01/07/2021 at 7:18 AM, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Oh my! Sorry guys! 
Secret symbol is 4 fingers in the pic with the fish (for anyone who went out today and didn’t know the secret symbol because I didn’t post, I will make an exemption).

What if I am alone and have to hold the measuring device on the crustacean and the camera in the other - can I put a drawing of four fingers on the shell?  Not that I can draw?

7 hours ago, Kat said:

Thanks for the real laugh out loud moment Greg!

That’s alright Kat. I finally got around to drawing my fish, so here it is. And before everyone starts having a go, it should be noted that I studied at the Picasso School of Arts.

Hamish, you may have to put this one under the miscellaneous section.

cheers

Greg

FE294D56-035A-41BD-AAFE-D93CA1C86651.png

2 hours ago, GregOug said:

That’s alright Kat. I finally got around to drawing my fish, so here it is. And before everyone starts having a go, it should be noted that I studied at the Picasso School of Arts.

Hamish, you may have to put this one under the miscellaneous section.

cheers

Greg

FE294D56-035A-41BD-AAFE-D93CA1C86651.png

I needed another laugh out loud moment!  Just sliced tip/ end of thumb off.  Yes I was filleting shark and fish this morning but I actually did it cutting a flaming tomato!