Winter Fishing Classic

AUS-BNE-FISHO

On 23/07/2021 at 10:20 PM, kmcrosby78 said:

Couldn't tell you sorry mate, I teach at a 'high performing' school ........ 😉.

High performing school is not politically correct seen as everybody has the right to a rounded education. Therefore it should read: "I teach at a school that seems to have an above average level of students"...... All this politically, sexually, gender efficiency does my head in as a teacher! Although being a music teacher my grammar was not always the best! 

On 28/07/2021 at 3:09 PM, Drop Bear said:

Mate caught a stack of Mackerel and Tuna at the mouth of the river yesterday on paraveins and spoons. I don't think I can get out there...

Bugger! That sounds like fun.

On 29/07/2021 at 2:22 PM, Neil Stratford said:

Went for a quick solo  fish this morning

Species: Whiting

Length:320mm

Bait: Rock Wriggler Worm

Regards

Neil

57F6CA26-A9D1-46B5-B1F5-21161E65AE3B.jpeg

Hi Neil

Good capture. That is a quality whiting.

Cheers Hamish 

22 minutes ago, Kat said:

Last day tomorrow - weather looking good - boat not so much 😢.  Looks like I will have to upgrade my flattie or a whiting tomorrow land based.  Good luck guys - but as most of you don't fish the weekend I expect the posts from now to the close of the competition will be minimal.

Hi Kat

I am going out tomorrow too. I am looking for an elusive BIG river flatty, thready, mulloway, or whatever in the ocean would like to eat a lure! I'll be stoked with anything to be honest.
Cheers Hamish

24 minutes ago, Kat said:

Last day tomorrow - weather looking good - boat not so much 😢.  Looks like I will have to upgrade my flattie or a whiting tomorrow land based.  Good luck guys - but as most of you don't fish the weekend I expect the posts from now to the close of the competition will be minimal.

Good luck by the way!

Just now, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Hi Kat

I am going out tomorrow too. I am looking for an elusive BIG river flatty, thready, mulloway, or whatever in the ocean would like to eat a lure! I'll be stoked with anything to be honest.
Cheers Hamish

Good luck Hamish.   I am chasing a 69.9cm flattie.  Love eating them and love catching them when they are a little bigger.  Would also like to get a 33cm or bigger whiting.  You never know.  

Cheers Kat

57 minutes ago, Kat said:

Why’s the boat not looking so good?

Hi Kat , Sounds like you are well on the way to discovering the other joys of owning a boat - $$$$$.

Presume you’re  installing a larger fuel tank? 

Have you considered a through hull transducer? 

Less air bubbles and  far less susceptible to damage at the ramp and   strikes  on floating debris.

There’s no need to cut a hole in your alloy  hull .

I can send you photos of how I’ve done it  , if your interested.

Regards

Neil

5 hours ago, Neil Stratford said:

Hi Kat , Sounds like you are well on the way to discovering the other joys of owning a boat - $$$$$.

Presume you’re  installing a larger fuel tank? 

Have you considered a through hull transducer? 

Less air bubbles and  far less susceptible to damage at the ramp and   strikes  on floating debris.

There’s no need to cut a hole in your alloy  hull .

I can send you photos of how I’ve done it  , if your interested.

Regards

Neil

Yes please