The good, the bad and the downright ugly!

GregOug

6 minutes ago, ellicat said:

I think there were a few caught out today. Luckily we got a warning through and headed back to the harbour in time.

Can't see the vids, probably an Apple thing. Are they mp4's ?

It doesn’t actually say what they are. Whatever an iPhone normally records videos as.

1 minute ago, Drop Bear said:

Nice one mate. that is a spectacular sky. I cant see your videos either. Glad you made it home safely. 

Whoa that is a lot of whiting, are you still filleting? 

5 squid, now you are talking. Delicious. 

Well done mate and thanks for the report. 

Do you have an iPad, or something else?

2 minutes ago, Drop Bear said:

Nice one mate. that is a spectacular sky. I cant see your videos either. Glad you made it home safely. 

Whoa that is a lot of whiting, are you still filleting? 

5 squid, now you are talking. Delicious. 

Well done mate and thanks for the report. 

With three of us filleting it only took the time it took to drink two stubbies. And we were thirsty!

1 minute ago, Drop Bear said:

I guess I am used to doing the lot by myself. Good on you mate. Enjoy the feed. 

Oh and shame you didn't bag out... 3 short mate haha

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

There were four of us but I just went for squid as my reel stuffed up right at the start. The only one I hadn’t replaced lately because it was an alvey and I thought ‘Oh well, they never play up’. We left them biting but figured we already had enough and that there was a bit of cloud on the horizon. Lol. A bit!

31 minutes ago, jon said:

Good too see you onto a good haul. Not much better than fresh squid and whiting . A word of advice not always the case but if you see some freak weather coming and you can see on bom it will pass pretty quickly and you know for a fact you can’t outrun it some times it’s safer to just drop the anchor buckle down and ride it out. Rather than trying to drive through it. Not a good feeling with the lightning though that sux no matter what you do.

It just didn’t look like much at all when we started off home and even when we checked the bom it looked like it would pass over very quickly. Must have intensified and slowed down in the time we travelled a quarter of the way across the bay. In future I will do as you suggested. We just didn’t think of a violent storm at 10am in winter! Live and learn.

48 minutes ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Great job Greg. Glad to see you got some good fish and squid. I am hopefully going to fish land based somewhere for squid this holidays. 🙂 

I hope the fish and squid tasted great. Did any whiting make the cut for future bait?

Cheers Hamish

Plenty. Kept all the frames for snapper bait. I hope there’s a HELL of a lot of snapper out there because there’s a hell of a lot of frames.

10 hours ago, Terry H said:

If anyone is having trouble watching them on PC - best recommendation would be to download VLC and play that way. Fairly light video player that plays just about anything and everything

I do have VLC installed but still couldn't watch them on my PC, it was only when I switched to Chrome was I able to download them and then play using VLC, prior to that, using Firefox and click on the link, the sound would play but no video and no option to download the video either. I still think that it is the files themselves or else some setting in the browsers we are using.