4 hours ago, Sickfishing1 said:

Going on a holiday to tassie in July and bringing some telescopic fishing rods down with me and the family. Just wanted to see if anyone knows some creeks, rivers etc and some of the fish that are there.

Hey Sickfishing1

Tassy is a vast place. You can be fishing for trout in high country streams or fishing for 100KG tuna offshore.

So basically, you might need to narrow it down a bit 👍.

Hamish

If you can get up to Miena there is a large lake up there which holds trout, but if you are going in July, bring plenty of warm gear as it frequently snows there and the lake is Australia second largest, It is also the highest altitude too.

https://hobartandbeyond.com.au/miena/

The one and only Pub there also serves quite good home made type meals and has a good fire going. I took my missus and two family friends up there in November 2018, just for a day trip and it was cold then, so in July be prepared for snow. (Today the temp is about -2 to 8C.) We drove from Hobart and it is quite a nice drive up there with rolling hills and farmland, quite scenic. There used to be a yearly  international trout competition held up there on the lake, not sure if it still runs.