"Live" from the bay part 3

Allnighter

1 hour ago, Allnighter said:

@ellicat as soon as that bloody northerly came up Brian, we were outta there ! Weird how it backed off shortly after, it normally rolls on and on into the night. Keep going with the fresh baits mate.

@matty74 lol..... 

Hahaaa thats a pretty dumb statement...... " easy"  it took me 30 years to figure out different spots in the bay matty, there is no "secret spot" that i am aware of.....   we just spent hours and hours of fishing different well known gps marks to find out for ourselves the better times to fish them.

Ive had countless donut trips over the years.

Honestly, sometimes there are other boats fishing the same places no further than 20 metres away..... ( which is part of the reason we dont bother on weekends)  if you look closely in one of the pics you can see another boat not too far from us, he was drifting past us more closely a few times flicking plastics, but after a few drifts he pissed off unsuccessful. ( my point is that he would assume the spot wasnt holding snapper). I could blab on and on forever because im quite passionate about bay snapper tactics, so trust me, i have earnt every snapper that comes over the side and into the boat these days, and yes a reasonable amount are released too 🙂 

Of course im proud of our catches and when i post pics it makes me all warm n fuzzy, but i have also enjoyed giving others a few tips along the way, without being too specific, anyway enough ranting lol..... 

100% agree with you @Allnighter  these spots we put 1000's of hours into to work out when the snapper are there and when they are not.

Time on the water is King, Even at the best of times we still get a donut trip we don't need.  

7 hours ago, Allnighter said:

@ellicat as soon as that bloody northerly came up Brian, we were outta there ! Weird how it backed off shortly after, it normally rolls on and on into the night. Keep going with the fresh baits mate.

@matty74 lol..... 

Hahaaa im not so sure about that statement ?? ..... " easy"  it took me 30 years to figure out different spots in the bay matty, there is no "secret spot" that i am aware of.....   we just spent hours and hours of fishing different well known gps marks , and a few new marks of our own to find out for ourselves the better times to fish them.

And these are all spots in 6 metres or less close to bay islands

Ive had countless donut trips over the years.

Honestly, sometimes there are other boats fishing the same places no further than 20 metres away..... ( which is part of the reason we dont bother on weekends)  if you look closely in one of the pics you can see another boat not too far from us, he was drifting past us more closely a few times flicking plastics, but after a few drifts he pissed off unsuccessful. ( my point is that he would assume the spot wasnt holding snapper). I could blab on and on forever because im quite passionate about bay snapper tactics, so trust me, i have earnt every snapper that comes over the side and into the boat these days, and yes a reasonable amount are released too 🙂 

Of course im proud of our catches and when i post pics it makes me all warm n fuzzy, but i have also enjoyed giving others a few tips along the way, without being too specific, anyway enough ranting lol..... 

Yes, I for one have enjoyed your tips along the way. Not that I've managed to sort when and where exactly yet. I think I woulld get better results if precise anchoring was actually a 'thing'.  Dreaming about an electric still....one day.

The boat still can swing with the electric, which usually means its windy / choppy.

For me, i dont bother fishing in that spot at that time as it is both uncomfortable and doesn't provide results either.

Precise anchoring is only a thing in good weather/bay conditions, which yes, will improve your results 🙂

You know, the calm side of the island 👌 👍

On 23/06/2021 at 10:13 PM, ellicat said:

Good on you. Another nice one. Good to see.

We headed out to Green about the same time. Bite came on about 5pm for us. @Leosonfire landed a 43cm model and dropped a better one, but we had no live bait and there were quite a few pickers around. Tried dead diver whiting and cuttlefish. Wind got up to about 15 knots and it got lumpy so we moved inside Green for nothing then moved back out after the wind dropped off. Leo got a pike eel !! We came home feeling mostly defeated once again.

Never defeated when u bring a tasty snap home mate!