The weatherman is a fisho

samsteele115

Well I've got the flatty bug again. Been out a couple more times since, and stocked up on the appropriate gear that I had been quite light on. I tend to have mostly heavier gear these days. 

What I've also been loving is occasionally seeing squid have a go at the lure and switch baiting them like so: Simply leave lure out there to keep them interested and put the rod in rod holder, grab another rod with squid jig ready and cast out. The jig will get their attention and you're on! So yeah, picking up calamari bycatch has been quite satisfying even if the flatties are slow. 

Muzz (co boat owner) got a nice 58cm and a couple more in the 40s were boated. 20210627_165648.thumb.jpg.85cf84475d64826f6e8e99bb715dc170.jpg

I also lost an 80cm+ near the net the other day! Was a bit of a bummer. Obviously would have released the big girl anyway but it would have been nice to take the lure out... 8lb leader can be a tad too light for these larger fish. I usually like using 14lb for flatties but only had 8 or 20 to choose from. Nevermind, I'm stocked up and ready for next time!